New be Flytox

flytox

hello ...
This is a lot of pictures from my second try , nothing very spécial , but it start with scartching last week for the first time !!!! ( hum !!! )
I found on this forum, 572 pictures from MY MASTER Robin MATTHYRO , and save this collection images on cdrom for the ETERNITY !!!!! ;)

also i am veery sorry , but I dont speak verry goed englisch, I spaek only French and Flemisch !! :cry:

Bye for every one
roger Flytox Belgium

Attachments

• Pic00004.jpg
    Pic00004.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 26
  • Pic00005.jpg
    Pic00005.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Pic00006.jpg
    Pic00006.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 32
  • Pic00007.jpg
    Pic00007.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 26
  • Pic00008.jpg
    Pic00008.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 36

flytox

second lot of pictures

second lot of pictures ..... :eek:ops:

Attachments

• Pic00010.jpg
    Pic00010.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Pic00009.jpg
    Pic00009.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Pic00011.jpg
    Pic00011.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Pic00012.jpg
    Pic00012.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Pic00013.jpg
    Pic00013.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 26

flytox

3 lot pictures

Lot pictures Nb 3

:wave:

Attachments

• Pic00014.jpg
    Pic00014.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Pic00015.jpg
    Pic00015.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Pic00016.jpg
    Pic00016.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Pic00017.jpg
    Pic00017.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 25

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Nice work and a great tribute to the tradition of carboard scratchbuilding that Robin excelled at and shared with us. Your English is fine by the way. Welcome!
Ralph

flytox

hello GeorgeHO ....
thank you for mail ,
The scale ??? thats the Big problem for me now !! I dont now ( new be !! ) I wand construct all my "models " in scale HO / 1:87 !! but i dont no how !!! I must absolutly learn on this forum site !!!! All information is welkom for the "Big New Be " that i am !!!!!
(my little rail way is in scale HO Marklin ... )
thanks for all info
best regards
roger
ps: all begin is very difficult !!!! grrrrrrr

Russ Bellinis

If you have measurements for a prototype building, ho scale is 3.5mm=1 foot. I'm not sure how it measures out in metric since you wouldn't use feet in the metric system.

NYCNewbie

Forget about feet and inches. With metric, it couldn't be easier. Assuming you have a calculator, it's simple. Just divide any real-world measures (in meters for example) by 87, and you get the model length in HO, also in meters. Multiply the result by 100 to get cm, by 1000 to get mm.

1m (prototype) = 0.0115m (HO) = 1.15cm = 11.5mm
10cm (prototype) = 1.5mm (HO)
10mm (HO) = 1cm (HO) = 87cm (prototype) = 0.87m
1mm (HO) = 87mm (prototype) = 8.7cm = 0.087m

GeorgeHO

Hi, I am assuming you are working with metric numbers, which are more intelligent than the "English" system we use here in the USA. The reason for the stupid 1/87 ratio is that it is a combination of English/metric and American/English measurements.

If you want to estimate the sizes of your buildings, and want to easily scratch build, you can use the following approximation.

Estimate a length of something, divide by 100, add 10%.

For instance, say a building is 30 meters long and you want to determine how it would fit on your layout. Divide the 30 meters by 100 which would give you .3 meters or 30 centimeters? Add 10% (.03 meters) which gives you .33 meters or 33 centimeters.

I don't work in metric, so my conversion mathematics may be wrong. This method is good enough for my purposes, but machinists will cringe at my calculations.

flytox

NYCNewbie said:
Forget about feet and inches. With metric, it couldn't be easier. Assuming you have a calculator, it's simple. Just divide any real-world measures (in meters for example) by 87, and you get the model length in HO, also in meters. Multiply the result by 100 to get cm, by 1000 to get mm.

1m (prototype) = 0.0115m (HO) = 1.15cm = 11.5mm
10cm (prototype) = 1.5mm (HO)
10mm (HO) = 1cm (HO) = 87cm (prototype) = 0.87m
1mm (HO) = 87mm (prototype) = 8.7cm = 0.087m

hello NYCNB

thank you for this information, thats wat i need for a good start !!
I have make to day a other scrach buid test with these infos ... mutch better to work ( doors , windows ,cars !!! )

salutations and thanks :thumb:
roger

flytox

hello GeorgeHO ..
thank you verry mutch for information, i think that i never stop now with scarch build !!! hiihi
big salutations from Brussels !!
bye
roger

jon-monon

flytox said:
hello GeorgeHO ....
thank you for mail ,
The scale ??? thats the Big problem for me now !! I dont now ( new be !! ) I wand construct all my "models " in scale HO / 1:87 !! but i dont no how !!! I must absolutly learn on this forum site !!!! All information is welkom for the "Big New Be " that i am !!!!!
(my little rail way is in scale HO Marklin ... )
thanks for all info
best regards
roger
ps: all begin is very difficult !!!! grrrrrrr

Mr. Fly, your modeling and English are both quite excellent! And what better way to display your buildings than beside ceramic chix in mini-skirts?
icon_twisted.gif
Why didn't we think of it!

Why are you having trouble with the scale? Is it the math? Is it conversion of prototype (1:1) to HO (1:87)? Or metric to standard to HO (what a mess that is!)? or ??? I hope I do not offend you by asking! If you don't already have one, a "scale ruler" is a must! It is like a regular ruler, but it shows HO feet instead of inches or centimeters. If you are going from photograsphs, this howto may help: http://www.2guyzandsumtrains.com/Content/pa=showpage/pid=35.html
(originally a gauge howto, then the pics died when my website died, then my friend took the time to fix it up for me).

Inneresting the different roofing materials, could you expound on how you do the roofing? :D

flytox

Ok Pat dat zal ik eerst gaan kopen !! ( i need it absolutly ....a scale ruler !!!!! )
bye ...en groetjes uit Borgerhout city !!!! ( its rain again !!!! ) :D

roger :wave:

siderod

And what better way to display your buildings than beside ceramic chix in mini-skirts?
I don't have any ceramic chicks, but i can probably get my girlfriend in a Mini-skirt to model some of my models...does that count? :D

Very nice work with the cardboard too, Flytox! While i still prefer styrene (easier for me, i guess), i've always been amazed with what some people can do with paper products!

AR

flytox

hello Jon-Monon ....
Wat do you think about the scale of the ceramix mini - trix ??? Z, N ,HO ????? I dont no !! ( i need a scale ruler !!! hahahah )
Please give my a other chance (and time ) , i never see scratch build before past week !!! lol
Thanks for all informations and also for very interesting links ...
bye bye :wave:
flytox

flytox

shortliner said:
Flytox - free HO scale ruler at http://www.railroady.com/
Free N scale ruler at http://www.printmini.com/printables/rulers/index.shtml
Shortliner(Jack)away up here in the Highlands

HELLO Shortliner ..
Waouhwwww ...wat a website !!!!! :eek:
All info that i need as New be !!! (and surprise : in flemich language also !!! )
thank you for all ...
(for the scale ruler it is OK .. download on my computer (just print , and glue on cardboard ,plastic protection and : here we go !!!!!! )
bye bye
flytox