new backdrop section up

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
here are some pictures of a new section of backdrop I just put in on my layout. It was drawn and watercolored by a family member with some talent based on a photo I had of Philadelphia behind the "high line." Work has slowed, but progress continues!

Attachments

• crop 6.jpg
    crop 6.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 196
  • crop 4.jpg
    crop 4.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 196
  • crop 3.jpg
    crop 3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 194
  • crop 5.jpg
    crop 5.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 194

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
It's always amazing to see what a difference even an easy backdrop makes. Now yours is a very fine example to illustrate that point!

I also like the way how the backdrop shows in the openings of the viaduct - looks very real! Good job! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ron

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Another new back-drop and custom loco paint

Thanks for the kind comments, my backdrop work continues to evolve. The photos here show a small section of my layout loosely representing Pottstown Pennsylvania. This time I printed actual photos from train photos that I cropped, pasted together and painted on and around. I put in a stone retaining wall to hide the bottoms. The nice part is that the nuclear powerplant in the background is an actual photo of the Limerick plant in Pottstown.

Also, the green SD40-2 (not a great picture, gotta work on this camera) is nearly done. it is a Reading and blue mountain northern SD40-2 that started as a new Kato undec. I painted it and the decals had to be modified, as this is not quite the official look now, the decals use an "&" whereas the actual logo now uses "and" I also have a set of sunshades to put on but didn't get around to it yet. Enjoy.

Attachments

• potts crop 1.jpg
    potts crop 1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 112
  • potts crop 2.jpg
    potts crop 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 117
  • potts c1.jpg
    potts c1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 112

jsoflo

Feb 16, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A photo of my CP/Soo roster, got the last one done today (cut the snoot nose and made it standard size and painted out the multi-mark) only one missing is an AC4400 that had an accident:eek:ops: with backdrop behind.

Attachments

• cp roster.jpg
    cp roster.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 81