New Baby F-89 Scorpion Release

NOBI

Jan 15, 2004
Bangkok, Thailand
Hi There,

After not release model for a long time (Load of work and personal health problem) now we can release model in very cute form...Baby F-89 Scorpion what use model from my tutorial and deformation into baby form.

go direct to purchase this very cute model at

http://www.thaipaperwork.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=56

Thank you very much for all support

BABY_SCORPION_COVER.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Alright Nobi!

Already got mine..........it will look very good in my up-comming Library Display I'm doing! The kids will love it! I'm going to put all of your Baby-Series in the display.

Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks!

john

L

lakedweller

Hoping for the "daddy" Scorpion

Hey NOBI

Good to hear you again....the Baby Scorpion looks great and a real mean looking machine.....but I was hoping to see the "Daddy" Scorpion show up in your new release offers.....

I worked with the F-89D models way back in the middle 1950's when they were being used as a frontline interceptor in the Alaskan Air Command... never have seen any other paper models of the F-89 and the one you developed in your Tutorial was excellent.

Hope you can add it to your model collection in the future.....

Also hope you are giving your health a first priority these days.....it is your most valuable possession.....

And as we are about to celebrate our Thanksgiving Day here in the USA we send our thanks to you for being the good guy in this Forum and giving us the benefit of your modeling talents.....

Best wishes

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
Nobi, finally figured out how to get orders made through your site....for some reason, it is not at all friendly with Ebay's browser. Foxfire seems to work fine. The new baby is a real winner....there are already three people at work that want me to make one for them. However, your photo has been building one hell of an image in my mind for a diorama. I don't know if you have ever encountered any of them, but back in the late 50s/early 60s, Monogram put out a line of plastic models based on Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's creations called the Wierd-Ohs series. (Recently, the series has been re-released.) One of my very favorites was called Freddy Flameout. For some reason, the Scorpion pic reminded me of that model. The gag line for the model was the jet engine was flamed out, and the monster flying it was holding a blowtorch pointed to produce thrust to keep the plane going. I had a sudden flash of the F-89 with a pilot with similar pose, and with some engine parts (including a piston or two...this is a cartoon idea, after all) coming out the tail-pipe.....only with Wyle E. Coyote flying it, not one of Roth's thingies. Behind it, of course, would be the baby Mig-15 (to really be period, you need to put out a baby Mig-17) with, natch, the Roadrunner piloting it. The background would be a 3D lightbox-type arrangement of the SW USA desert. The call letters of the Scorpion would just have to be AC ME......and the title of the diorama would absolutely have to be "MEEP, MEEP." Anyone out there up to trying to put the idea into paper? No way it could be marketed....about a gazillion copyrights it would infringe...but would sure be fun for personal consumption.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
Hey Darwin,

I've got a mod of Nobi's MiG15 into a Mig17. It's in NVAF colors.

It's a start to you cartoon model. I too remember those models, I always thought they were a hoot!

john