New B N S F logo

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by train1, Jan 25, 2005.

1. CSX

CSX Member

I personally do not like the change. I liked the old logo better.

And.... Don't mess around with CSX. :p
  2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I think they have discovered that Santa Fe won't die! I still refer to the BNSF as Santa Fe, even at a rail seminar where the instructor was the car repair supervisor for the BNSF. He yelled "Burlington" at me! It would appear that they are trying to remove every last vestige of the Santa Fe from their corporate name in hopes the Santa Fe fans will forget. By the way, most railfans I know refer to it as the "BinSif."
  3. KCS

KCS Member

I always called it BinSif. Athearn must not have had much of a problem getting usage rights of the logo because if you go to the new Athearn website, they have the new logo up and selling on AC4400's RTR and Genesis trinity hoppers. I hate the new look. :curse: I no longer have anything BNSF except a brand new Atlas Dash 8-40B but I couldn't resist to pass up a $140.00 locomotive for $50.00. :eek: :D :thumb: I do like the new nickname though. Wedgie. Wedgie. It has a nice ring to it. :D I LIKE IT! :D

By the way. Curiosity never killed the cat. Just got it's nose wet, but what does CSX stand for?
  4. KCS

KCS Member

Ya know, I had a bit of a thing for the CSX colors but after I saw a site called my look upon the company changed. It's horrible. Hell you should even see what they had to do to the tunnel up in KY that collapsed on a train that is no longer there. Trains Mag even had a nice section on the new open top tunnel.
  5. NewGuy

NewGuy Member

Coming from anothrer BNSF employee, they tell us this new logo is supposed to represent the 'new streamlined' BNSF Railway. Is that what they are talking about when they keep selling all the local jobs?

A little bitter....
  6. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

If the Union Pacfic does change their name to UP, their new slogan should be, "What goes UP Must Come Down." :D :D :D :D
  7. Union Pacific

Union Pacific Member

don't let CSX hear about :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
    I live 500 feet from part of the CSX mainline but I still like the union pacific batter :D :p :p (sorry CSX):rolleyes:
  8. Union Pacific

Union Pacific Member

:curse: :curse: :curse: leave my UP alone :curse: :curse: :p :p :rolleyes: I think they are about to have a new logo or somthin' I mena they have had the same thing for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Even though they did the "we deliver" slogan and "building america" they still used the same sheild even though I will need GALLONS of paint if they change it (to repaint my stuff) oh well :rolleyes: ;)
  9. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

:) Not to mention they need to paint there engines rather than a lil logo. the equipment comming here to Seattle it 3 shades of yellow.

I swear they dont wash the equipment before they repaint. Leter when they do wash it the new paint comes off with the dirt. OR did they get a great deal on water base paint.
    :) :) :) :) :rolleyes: ;) :D