New B N S F logo

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by train1, Jan 25, 2005.

1. train1

train1 Member

hey ...check out the new BNSF logo on their website....real futuristic. Does it make them go any faster ?
  2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

LOL, paint scheme of the week. :D Fred
  3. LIRR

LIRR Member

That is horrid!
  4. babydot94513

babydot94513 Member in training

I saw this earlier on another forum and it is a very weak attempt at best.

6. brakie

brakie Active Member

Not to bad and pleasing to the eye unlike some of the older fallen flag schemes..Then of course there is the famous no name railroad..CSX. :wave:
  7. DanRaitz

DanRaitz Member

Not only is it a new logo, they have changed the name of the RR also. It is no longer the "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railroad" it is now the "BNSF Railway". Whats next Union Pacfic to become UP
  8. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

It may be a shame to see the old names gone, but "BNSF Railway" is a lot easier to say than "Burlingtron Northern Santa Fe Railroad", and I'll bet most folks referred to it as just "BNSF" anyway.

As for the logo, I think it serves the purpose cleanly and simply.
  9. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

I'd love to know the price for such a meaningless change. Got to be in the millions.

This probably came about because of one of those corporate marketing things ...that some genius somewhere...thought they needed a better Product Branding...or whatever the latest catch phrase is today...change for the sake of change I suppose...I know the rail customers probably could careless...all they want is their goods delivered on time. Regardless what any locomotive looks like...just deliver the goods.
  11. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

If you were going to take a poll, my vote would have to go in the "yes, I like it" column. Things change in corporate America over the years including names, logos, mascots and paint schemes. Not all changes are for the best, like when they blew up the restaurant Jack-in-the -Box (notice they brought him back), but I think this one is attractive and adds one more BNSF scheme to the mix. :thumb: :thumb:

One thing though, I bet it's protected and will require model train manufacturers to sign an agreement before they can use it.

And yeah, BNSF is easier to say, as is IBM and KFC. :rolleyes:
  12. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

That line under the BNSF looks like the Nike logo! Next time I go past the Silvis, ILLinois yard (Old Rock Island). I'll have to take alook!

13. KCS

KCS Member

this brings the question: What the hell were they thinking? just the sight of seeing the new logo has brought me to where i will no longer purchase anything with BNSF on it anymore. Now i am selling the whole number line i have of them ranging from #1000-1010. I am very disappointed in that. they could have done much better..
  14. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

HEY Thats anough about Union Pacfic (JK) :D
  15. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

It's just sad to lose one more piece of railroad history.... I agree with Andy. their new logo reminds me of the NIKE brand logo !

Bob :(
  16. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

But today's NEW is tomorrow's history. Let's just be sure we preserve the old in text and pictures, where applicable, and move on to preserving the present. Someday, this will probably be gone, too.
  17. CharlesH.

CharlesH. Member

Quite frankly, that logo makes it look like the railroad is currently funded by a football team.
  18. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

The BNSF guys here in Kansas City have given the new logo a nickname, they call it the "WEDGIE.... "

Bob :rolleyes:
  19. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

Dont feel bad the BNSF took delivery of more Trinity covered hoppers with the new logo on, and brought them here to Seattle.:(

I will admit it does break up the look on a unit train
  20. PnP Hobbies

PnP Hobbies Member

NOW there is more of the new logo, We have Gondols,2 bay hoppers,Trinity and ACF covered hoppers, Maxi-stack III's as well as other intermodel AND NOW THE BEST ONE...

They are repainting SD40-2's WHAT is next?????????