New and Improved??? (I hope)

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Whenever I get a picture that I like, I install it as wallpaper so I can look it over for awhile to see what can be done to improve it. This picture was one of the first I posted with the digital camera. I made some corrections to the scenery and (hopefully) have gotten a little more experience with the camera. For those that like a "story" to go with the picture (and I'm one of those), this would be the Southern's local out of Bryson City as it clears Big Ridge tunnel on it's way to Tellico Gap.

Attachments

• sou. big ridge.jpg
    sou. big ridge.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 174

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
C'mon man...
That CAN'T be N scale!;) :D
Seriously, ol' buddy, it's great to see your fine work up close like that!:cool: :cool: :cool:

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Tyson, what can I say that hasen't been said, beautiful thats what it is, beautiful.

Shamus

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Thanks Shamus! But the truth of the matter is a few months ago I doubt I could of pulled off a shot like this one. I have been studying the photo's of the better modelers here and have been impressed by the attention to detail (the devil's in the details you know :D ). Your ground covers for example are some of the best I have ever seen, and the way you blend those tree stumps into the ground is awesome! Anyway I've been working on those details. Everything from how the ground mates with the rocks to how the track looks. To you and all the others here, Thanks for making me a better modeler!!!

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Thanks Javier, the tunnel portal is a commercial casting and the date was already in there. The area I model did put in tunnnels in that time period and a few did have the dates on em', so I left it rather then plaster over it. Shamus I better not check that out right now, I don't need to get anymore sidetracked (pun intended) from working on the layout. This new camera is so d*mn hard to turn loose of!! :D :D :D