Never modeled before

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by fr33lancer, Apr 2, 2008.

1. fr33lancer

fr33lancer New Member

Got this link from a Battlestar website. I never knew such cool models could be made from paper. I'd like to try a couple BSG models, I really like the Colonial Mover.

IS there a beginners guide or info on the basics that anyone knows about. Stuff like tools needed, glue types, paper weight.

Thanks for any help you may provide.
  2. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

Hi, your best bet is to look though the various design and tutorial posts. You'll find most subjects you've listed are covered. You should also find some good links in there as well.

Cheers JTF.

PS Don't forget to search.
  3. loc-nar

loc-nar New Member

Everything you need to know HERE.
  4. fr33lancer

fr33lancer New Member

Thanks a lot guys. Ya I should have done a more intensive search, there's just so much here. I appreciate the help.
  5. astrospud

astrospud Member

G'day Fr33lancer, I have just (re)started card modelling and have to say I have been a bit apprehensive. My first goes at it were about a year ago, on some free Homeworld models. I pretty much loved the models, but had no clue where to start. A year later and I sign up in Zealot and I have all the info I need to start again! The folk here are really informed and helpful too.
    I am starting slow, on Nasa's Ares Mars Scout. A simple model, but I think is really cool, considering Nasa has built the first full scale prototype.
    Here's to your first steps into this wonderful hobby! :)
  6. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Loderunner rocks

Fr33lancer - love your avatar. I'm sure it's inspired by Loderunner - still a great game.

7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Welcome! The wiki has got a number of articles for a starter... (Lex shies away as he hasn't written anything into it for the past month...)
    Card Models - HobbyWiki
    Feel free to ask any specific questions here ;)
  8. fr33lancer

fr33lancer New Member

Thanks guys and thanks for the link.
  9. sakrison

sakrison Member

Getting Started in Card Modeling

Here's the flyer I hand out at IPMS meets and other paper model displays.

Attached Files: