Netherland Dwarf (canon)

fEcks

Jan 22, 2011
This is my first model finished out of two started.

Attachments

• 100_0687-zealot.jpg
    100_0687-zealot.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 19
Z

Zathros

I find models of animals and people to be the most difficult. Maybe it's the organic nature.

I have some nieces who would go nuts for that! :)

fEcks

Jan 22, 2011
notes on how I did it, but I'm NO expert

I wanted something quick to make for an Easter bunny. This one took me a day to carefully cut out and a day to put together, and if I remember correctly I spread it out over three days.

I used regular Elmer's white glue, a little poured into a cap and I sparingly spread it on the component tabs with a toothpick. I assembled according to the instruction sheet. I know I had a least one hand covered with a latex free disposable vinyl glove at all times during the cutting and assembly processes.

Everything (Elmer's white glue, flat toothpicks, 1 pkg. Clean Ones latex free Disposable vinyl gloves and FISKARS Micro-Tip #5 scissors) I purchased at WalMart. I took the pdf to my local library and used their paper (regular, not cardstock) and ink. They charged me a quarter a printed sheet.

I gave the tiny rabbit to me Mom for Easter and then I got sick with the flu and couldn't eat the meal she prepared for me.

She still loves me.

Z

Zathros

The Flu sucks!! Find out if you have a Micheal's Craft Stores around you, they sell UHU glue (Yellow containers) and another one, for heavier use called ZIP DRY. You can glue plastic windows to cardboard with this stuff. It's a mechanical connection, but it is really strong. These glues will cut your build time down cause they dry quicker, and also are non-toxic. Micheal's also will give away the thick poster board trimmings as they can't sell them. I have obtained really high quality 2 mm board, for ship frames, and fuselage stiffeners, something like 20 lbs. worth. Some small pieces up to a 2' by 3' piece. :)

vbsargent

Apr 16, 2008
MD, USA
Aww .. so cute, but not very fuzzy! I wish that I had known about this rabbit at Easter, most of the women in the house would have loved to get one!

That is regular copy paper? My hat's off to you! The 20# stuff is a bear to work with but you did a fine job. I would have thought that it was regular card stock.

Not to derail this, but @ Zathros- You get Uhu glue at Michaels? I have scoured the two near me and found none :confused: I assume that it is with all the other glues. Grrrrrr . . . . . Must ask next time I go.

Z

Zathros

Yeah, the Michael's near me has a lot of variations of it too. Sometimes, it's downright confusing. It is the only store that I know of that carries "ZIP DRY", which can be ordered through Amazon. :)