nemuke and hatsune figures

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, Figurines & Paperdolls' started by silentbrain, Dec 31, 2007.

1. silentbrain

silentbrain New Member

I've been lurking a long time and absorbing the wealth of information in this forum as well as admiring all the builds that people have been doing here. I've actually never done a figure before, but I've seen some great figurine builds posted, in particular the Mizuirogakuen ones. I figured I might as well throw myself on the mercy of the court, and ask for crits. In particular if there are any general rules for proceeding with an instruction-less model, or if that just comes with experience?

Nemuke, a girl with pointy sticks for legs. (noticed an old thread where someone's sister was building this one, was wondering if they took any pics?)
    Ugh, you can really see the glue joints in the hair. A new face has been glued over twice already and it still looks funky. And the erm nipples and slip-on panties felt really, really creepy. But it was a fun model and the first I've built that actually has a complete scene.

Hatsune Miku, off the pepakura gallery. Apparently a robot pop-star. I'm actually wondering if ANYBODY has built and photographed this one. I've been looking but have only found the short stubby model and some kind of gothic recolor. (perhaps I fail at google...) I'd love to see how this model is SUPPOSED to look! (particularly looking for un-fugly shoulders, and suspended-in-air pigtails)
    Started out fun, but eventually got tedious. More advanced than what I'm comfortable with. First time I tried backing tabs (for the face), paint, and extensive edge coloring. Some broken parts in the pdo (some normals are backwards, some parts are floating in space). Just barely stands up on its own...and those "pigtails" are not going to last the week. Perhaps they should have been fastened with a length of coat hanger?
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Great builds buddy. I do like these anime girl kits. I think they're cool, but could never build one 'cause my wife would probably think I was a perve.

Great stuff buddy.
  3. bill516

bill516 Member

The verdict of this member of the court is GUILTY
    of making some awesome models
    and GUILTY
    of making my efforts look criminal.

For instructionless models I think whatever works goes, if the're no instructions nobody can say you did it wrong and if it looks like what its supposed to then it must be right.

BTW you can stop lurking now.
  4. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

You should've stopped lurking long before... These models captured the essence of the characters, great build!!
  5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Those actually look OK. Gjood job! :D
    I may be wrong about this, but the pigtails/hair suspended in the air stuff seems like a running theme in anime/manga based models. Maybe it is supposed to represent movement and air blowing the hair. The few shows and books of that sort that I have seen always seem to have quite a few scenes and panels with hair billowing to give more of a dramatic (yeah, that's the ticket) flair.:)
  6. silentbrain

silentbrain New Member

Wow, thanks guys!

skupilkinson- Haha, yes, when I was building them I definitely felt a bit creepy. (hopefully the fact that I've been building nothing but animals and cars and etc will balance it out for my gf)

bill516- ah, I guess it does come down to experience then

lex- thanks! actually, your figure build threads were some of the ones that motivated me to give figures a shot, so thank you!

scetoaux- Sorry, I meant that they aren't attached to the head at all. From a few pics I've seen, it shows the ends being suspended in those square things...well, it is a robot, after all.
  7. I especially like the Hatsune figure (not a big fan of the SD stuff be it figures, robots, cars, planes whatever, but that is just me). I downloaded the Hatsune model myself but haven't printed her out yet. Yours came out nice and neat. I like the look of the rolled, rather than scored parts. Good job!