Negative feedback for nothing

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
:curse:

aight, so I buy a DD40 from Ebay, that stated that it was all wheel drive. I get it a week later and I come to find that only two of its 8 axels are powered. All the other wheels spin freely. Also, it had the front coupler missing and the handrails were bent and its got some glue stains on the roof. Anyways, I give the guy neutral feedback because i got an item that was not as described and I look at my feedback the day after and come to find that he gave me negative feedback and said I was wrong. The darn thing is in my hands, I am spinning all the wheels on the rear truck with my finger. They have no gears and one can easily see that there is no flywheel or motor on the back. This jerk gave me negative feedback, and I even paid for the item the same day I "won" it at the auction. I contacted Ebay about it, hope they can do something. What a jerk.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Sorry to hear that, I myself have gotten to where I rarely buy from someone who doesn't regularly buy and sell model trains. Too many sellers simply don't know what they have or how to evaluate it. Other than dummy units, all Athearn diesel drivers are powered, a trademark of their models almost from the start, the only differences in the DD40 being that there are 2 types; two motor and one motor.

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
yeah, the standard bachmann is one motor. The spectrum is two motors...right? Someone even asked him if it was one or two truck powered. He responded and said it was all wheel drive. that it was a Spectrum. But I dont think it is.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Man.... that bites. Some people are just (Pick your expletitive)'s
If the guy didn't send you what he advertised then he is the one who should get the negative. I doubt I would have been as nice as a neutral. I've still got 100% Positive on eBay but that's mostly because I don't do much buying/selling and I'm picky about who I deal with most of the time.

ejen34

Aug 6, 2006
Brewer, ME
Also if you paid for it thru Paypal there is a mechanism to contest the transaction thru them, you may want to check it out :thumb:

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
SeriousSam said:
yeah, the standard bachmann is one motor. The spectrum is two motors...right? Someone even asked him if it was one or two truck powered. He responded and said it was all wheel drive. that it was a Spectrum. But I dont think it is.

Ooooo...forgot that Bachmann put one out, too. I don't know anything about those I'm afraid, though it wouldn't surprise me if their early releases had only 4 wheel drive on each truck. That's just the way they were in the 80s with most of their equipment---really sharp...looking, that is.

2-8-2

Jan 6, 2005
Delaware, Ohio
www.wn-rr.net
shaygetz said:
Sorry to hear that, I myself have gotten to where I rarely buy from someone who doesn't regularly buy and sell model trains.

Quoted for importance...

Your "Average Joe" isn't going to know much about model trains, and I avoid looking at their auctions like the plague.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I have the N scale version of the DD40. It was only a one truck drive, though the rear truck did pick up juice. I think it was one of the early models from Bachmann.
Thats why I also don't buy on ebay...I hear more bad things than good.

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
Cannonball said:
Man.... that bites. Some people are just (Pick your expletitive)'s
If the guy didn't send you what he advertised then he is the one who should get the negative. I doubt I would have been as nice as a neutral. I've still got 100% Positive on eBay but that's mostly because I don't do much buying/selling and I'm picky about who I deal with most of the time.

yeah, i have 125 positive points and this last transaction gave me the one negative. Because of this, now Im at 99.2 percent positive. But yeah, people should not post information on an item if they are not sure if its this or that.

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
eightyeightfan1 said:

Thats why I also don't buy on ebay...I hear more bad things than good.

Preface: I'm a computer guy.

It took me about six years to buy anything online, and I still haven't done any auctions. Recently I saw a "Buy It Now" for 15 of my favorite webcams at less than $15/piece after shipping. I paid over $120 for one of them just a few years ago. But I couldn't bring myself to trust the seller that these things weren't all broken, or cheap imitations, or missing their cords or something ridiculous like that.

I just don't trust 'people' on the internet. Never have. Probably never will.

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
SeriousSam said:
But yeah, people should not post information on an item if they are not sure if its this or that.

Yeah, kinda like the listing for a SD40-2 that is up right now. The pictures are of a GP7. :rolleyes: If I sell someting and don't know exactly what it is, I list the rough detail of what it is and as questions come up I look, learn, and then describe individually.

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
65GASSER said:
Yeah, kinda like the listing for a SD40-2 that is up right now. The pictures are of a GP7. :rolleyes: If I sell someting and don't know exactly what it is, I list the rough detail of what it is and as questions come up I look, learn, and then describe individually.

yeah, you give a fair warning that you are not 100% sure of this product. But you dont give negative feedback to someone who says its not as you described this item. Its childish. Im going to bug Ebay until I get it removed.

corniche

Dec 22, 2006
The Friendly State - oHIo
Hello Serious Sam,

Sorry you had so much trouble on e-bay, but like others here have said, it is best to stick with the "standard sellers" when it comes to trains.

In regards to your particular situation- if you log into your e-bay account- go to the "Feedback Forum." There you will find a link to "Respond to Feedback," it is a small consolation, but at least it will give you 80 characters of space to plead your case publicly.

Also, keep contacting e-bay to see if the matter can be settled- e-bay does offer a program where feedback can be mutually removed; barring that option- try to get your money back through Paypal or e-bay.

Best wishes, Merry Christmas & Good Luck,

Sean
corniche

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
SeriousSam said:
yeah, you give a fair warning that you are not 100% sure of this product. But you dont give negative feedback to someone who says its not as you described this item. Its childish. Im going to bug Ebay until I get it removed.

Yeah your right, I usually try to make things right by refunds and/or returns. Usually if I buy something and its less than what it seemed I just don't leave any feedback. Not the best way I know but its easie for me. I've only had one guy not happy with what I sold. I offered a refund without return. He never emailed me back or left feedback, so I'm waiting to see if he trys the old "hammer them with bad feedback right before the 90 days rule is up" so I won't have the chance to retaliate.

SeriousSam

Nov 2, 2005
San Antonio
lol wow. Retaliation is a must at Ebay hehe. But I dont want to send it back nor I want a refund. I just think it was wrong for him to leave me negative feedback. Especially since it was HIS fault, and I left Neutral feedback. He said he was selling his entire collection. He must not have been into his trains.

Shay, Athearn made DD40s in N Scale? or were they HO? Ive never heard of them in either scale from Athearn.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
SeriousSam said:
Shay, Athearn made DD40s in N Scale? or were they HO? Ive never heard of them in either scale from Athearn.

They made them in HO in both one and two motor configurations, both with 16 wheel drive. My two are the twin motored versions, one early one from the mid 80s. The early one still has the original orange and white box. They actually had them on the market nearly the same time the protoypes debuted. They actually depict a DD35 of which only cabless B units were ever built. The Espee never owned any.

DD40loco.jpg