Needing help finding custom painters

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by up1002, Jan 22, 2008.

1. up1002

up1002 New Member

Hi I am kinda new so I need some help finding a custom painter that can do shortline locos. Any help would be appreciated.:mrgreen:
  2. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi...Welcome to The Gauge....You might want to look up a member of the forum, goes by the name of MilesWestern. Does some excellent work...(from what I've seen here...). Do a search using his name as a keyword. Hope this helps....
  3. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Miles does some great work (as do I [self promotion])... I can refer you to a few others too, if you'd like.
  4. up1002

up1002 New Member

Yes any help would be appreciated. I am talking to Miles right now by email but want to find a good deal.:mrgreen:
  5. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

This place does fantastic work (just down the road from me) but they're not cheap.
  6. ed acosta

ed acosta Member

Hey, UP1002, for the price of having two locos custom painted you could probably buy a nice airbrush and compressor. It takes a little patience, but it is easy to learn and you will enjoy the hobby so much more knowing that you can create custom paint jobs, apply decals, and perhaps provide a bit of weathering. There was a time when I was so scared of ruining a nice model, but if you are careful mixing your paints, adjusting the flow of paint, and applying several light coats rather than a heavy coat all at once, you will see professional results on the first try.