Needed: F-unit Information

Hello All,

I am looking for the elevation drawings for F-units. Side view from both sides, nose, roof, truck detail. Prototype pictures, whatever I can find.

I NEED this because I am building (hopefully) a 1:8 scale, 7.25” gauge (1.5” scale) RIDE-ON F-unit! Sound like fun?! It is! Operating an F40, 2-8-2 Mikado, 35-tonne GE Industrial switcher, MACK switcher or a British Class 40 at 5-8 SMPH (scale MPH) over a mile of track is very fun! Though we don’t actually RIDE ON the locomotives, we ride in the gondolas and on the container cars that also tow our non-paying passengers (no charge, donations accepted to offset the cost of operating and insurance)

So, what I need is everything. Color pictures of details, paint schemes, etc. I need dimensions, prototype dimensions preferred. (like prototype blueprints, or the articles in MR has…) As I said, post ANYTHING you can find, and I mean ANYTHING related to ANY F-unit produced; F3, F7, F9, FT, FP, etc…Please note (if you know) which style and unit it is, as well as phase and (as obvious as it may be) road name.

Thanks again everyone.

The sooner I get this, the sooner I’ll be able to start (money permitting) and get it operational! I contacted a few companies about parts already…hopefully get an answer tomorrow.

Thanks!

Andrew Reid

CN1

May 6, 2003