Need to Know proper part name!!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by firefighter525, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefighter525

firefighter525 New Member

O.k. heres the deal. I have a Traxxas Nitro Sport. I was running it the other night and when I finished I noticed something was missing on the inside of the little gear attached to I think its called the clutch bell? There is the big gear and then the little gear that connect, well the little gear is now loosely hanging on the shaft that it rides on. Are these bearings that I'm missing? I don't know what the part name is that I need so I can order new ones. I'm a beginer in the hobby so don't be too harsh on me. lol Also, does anyone know where I could get a expoded view pictures of every part on this truck. I've checked Traxxas exploded views on their website but the ones they have doesn't seem to have the part I'm looking for. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

Traxxas have a great web page at www.traxxas.com and also have an exploded view of the truck.
  3. firefighter525

I've looked at the Traxxas website exploded views and I still can't seem to find the part I'm looking for. Maybe I'm just missing it I'll try looking again.
  4. Steve M

Steve M Member

The clutch bell has the small gear (called a pinion gear) built-in and this is attached to the end of the motor crankshaft. This small pinion gear meshes with the larger gear know as the spur gear. When your nitro motor spins fast enough, the clutch shoes expand outward until they make contact with the inside of the clutch bell this spinning the pinion gear which in turn spins the spur gear. This is how your nitro truck moves.

How the clutch bell attaches to the crankshaft differs from one vehicle to another. Some use a screw while others use a C-clip or E-clip.
  5. Steve M

Steve M Member

If you go to the "How To" section on the Traxxas web site you will find a short article on how to change your clutch bell. From the pics there it seems that the clutch bell is retained by an E-clip. The clutch bell itself has a pair of ball bearings, one inside the bell and the other at the end with the gear. If you are missing the E-clip, the bearing on the end may have also fell out. Check this link.

http://www.traxxas.com/support/howto/trx_trouble_replaceclutch_nsport.htm
  6. firefighter525

Yeah, I do remember an E clip being on the end of that now. The E clip and the bearings are missing now. So I would need to order a pinion gear bearing set? Thanks for your informaion, I'll look to the How to section on Traxxas website. Thanks again.
  7. Steve M

Steve M Member

Just buy a new ball bearing and a few clips and you should be OK.
  8. Jshaff15

Jshaff15 Member

take it in to ur local hs andask them. no biggie
  9. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

look in ur manual. it shows all the part names and numbers plus how to build the entire thing. at least my bandit manual does
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.