• Older Con-Cor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brand new Life Like

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
There are several engines on ebay and I would like your opinon on which you would bid on. The first engine (n scale) is an older "nearly new" Con-Cor diesel (first pic). The second engine (also n scale) is a brand new F7 Life Like with a custom paint job (second pic). I would be using the engine to pull a short string of 5 D&RG coaches (the ski train) and would like to convert it over to DCC but that is not a priority. I've heard good things about Con-Cor and know that Life Like used to be junk but things have changed in the last 10 years since I bought my last Life Like. What's your opinion please? The bidding on the Con-Cor closes Friday the 26th at 7pm so this will poll will be active only for a short bit.

Attachments

• 3d_1.jpg
    3d_1.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 101
  • dc_1.jpg
    dc_1.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 105

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
How frusturating... 31 views so far and nobody seems to have an opinion of any kind. You've obviously taken the time to open the thread, finish the action and for whatever reason, please pick one. The reason you may not think is important may be just the reason that has not occured to me.
Thank you.

Relic

Sorry I don't have a better reason than ....I just like the F better,'cept for that huge hole in the pilot.
Glad to help

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Ah! There you go. Ray provides the voice of experience...and the reason I read your post but didn't vote. I like F units more than I do PAs (I think that's what the other loco is but I should check on our new Trainspotter ID forum!) but don't have any experience with N scale manufactuers and didn't wish to skew the results with my uninfomed choice. Your thread title caught my interest though so I clicked to read...as I suspect many other non voters did.
Good luck with the purchase!
Ralph

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Also, thanks for the feedback of any kind from all who have or still may provide it. I realize that the way to get answers from people is not to get angry with them and I apologize for the scent of that in my second post. Thanks again.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Final update...

Well thanks all for your attempted help, however as the bidding deadline was looming near, my wife actually helped me come to the final decision. How embarassing it was when she fed my own words right back to me - when it comes to engines, spend the money and get the good stuff or you will usually regret it. So that's what I am going to do - buy the new Kato F3. Besides, now I know that I will have no problem converting it to DCC, and that paint scheme just looks so much darn better than the other two. Now, if I hadn't of just spent all that money on that Amtrak stuff today...:eek:ops: Hmmm might haf'ta wait till next month!