need some help with login

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
Admin,

I want to change my login option to allow automatic login from this computer, but I cannot find where in the user CP I can change this option. I have enabled cookies in my windows settings.

TIA

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I'm not sure that I understand what you want to do, as I'm only slightly less of a computer idiot than when I arrived here less than two years ago. :rolleyes: However, if you want to be "logged in" when you come on-site, simply click the "Remember Me" option by the log-in. I think....:confused: :mrgreen:

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's the way to do it. If you click on "remember me" and don't ever clear out your cookies, you will not have to log on the next time you come here. You can also set up your browser to remember your username and password so that if you ever do log out, logging in will just be one click away.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Thanks, Don. :thumb: (to whom I give most of the credit for getting me beyond the "total idiot" stage, although there may be others who would dispute the fact that anything has change!) :rolleyes: :D :D

Wayne

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Wayne, thanks for taking the risk of looking like a computer idiot before I had a chance to prove I am one! :)

Seems like the right answer. Did it work David?
Ralph

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
thanks guys. I think it is working. :):) I found that I had not unchecked a "clear cookies" box in one of the personal data boxes in my FireFox options. Seems to be working now. I am having some issues with ComCast now so will test each time I drop off and come back on.