Need some help with a P2K SW1200

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
In my swap meet finds thread I mentioned that I got a Life-like P2K SW1200 engine for real cheap. However it's missing some parts. I need to figure out what parts are really missing so I can get them from Life-like. I already know that it's missing the front and rear couplers and all outside handrails. I think it might be missing the rear step just outside the cab.
Does anyone have the instruction sheet that would include the exploded view schematic that would help me determine which parts I need? Thanks for any help.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
Here's the numbers for what you said are missing but I don't know if Walthers has them sorted out yet, last time I talked to them about 3 weeks ago Mike the parts guy still didn't have them sorted out, he's the only parts person. That's why the FA's I got from you aren't finished yet, waiting on parts hopefully, anyhow here you are.

#584762 coupler package
#584763 detail package W.O. MU ( end rails )
#584764 detail package W/ MU ( end rails )
#584767 Detail parts ( handrails, etc )
#584771 Undecorated shell parts ( has the rear step and the rest )

Hope this helps

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Got a promising email from Walthers concerning detail parts for a Proto 2000 0-6-0, so there is hope! Bob (guy who emailed me) did note that they are very busy getting stuff sorted out - he sent teh email on Saturday.

Andrew