Need some Bridges

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by MarcO, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MarcO

MarcO Member

Anyone know which bridges will work right on the floor with no track elevation?

I believe the lionel 12772 will but I see a bunch more out there online and its hard to tell if they are flush on the ground.

I have a fastrack that runs the perimeter of the living room and I park my train behind the couch which is against the wall ( great tunnel ). Problem is that its too long now and the tail end sticks out so I thought a truss style bridge at the end of the couch would look neat and provide some protection from my wifes evil vacuuming or the childish disregard of my 1 yo.
  2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

buy a longer couch?!?!?!?.........

or an end table...........

heck get a 2nd couch , set it right beside the first one,,,,,,,, then you have an excuse to buy more rolling stock... you have twice the room to park the train!!!!!.

you have to think big man!...... a bridge will not get you more trains,,, but new living room furniture will score points with the wife so you can be "aloud" to buy more trains.....

3. MarcO

MarcO Member

Hmm.... I do need new couches but I was thinking the wife would like a Hellgate Bridge for Valentines Day. haha
  4. scubadude

scubadude Member

Listen to Ozzy, Marco :twisted:.....he's getting away with buiding his layout in his wife's bedroom!!! sign1
  5. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Bedroom heck, he used the entire second floor. He just started building it one night when she was at work, I love it build first ask later.

Lionel does make some of the iron bridges though they are no that long. MTH bridges will not work with fast track unless your willing to trim the sides of the track.
  6. MarcO

MarcO Member

:confused:Ok well i would be willing to rip a $5 piece of 30" fasttrack to get what I want - do you know if the MTH lays flush with the floor? On the web site I cant see the ends.
  7. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Their metal iron type bridges will, they have short metal sides. Their iron truss bridge is plastic and will not make a good bridge for laying on the floor. You would have a little bump with the track entering and exiting the bridge.

The only problem is that the metal bridges are not that long. The plastic long iron truss bridge looks cool and is my favorite.
  8. Geno

Geno Member

The Lionel 6-12772 Extension bridge will be too short for your Husky Stacks and Fastrack- but it's flush to the floor, since the base is sheetmetal. The Atlas truss brdiges are about 2" off the floor, due to the girder bridge section under the tracks.