Need printing help (PDO without pepakura?)

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by RodentMaster, Oct 20, 2008.

1. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

How would one go about printing a PDO file without being able to install pepakura?

I'm thinking specifically of printing from work. It's only a few pages, and it's not like I work on models here (I wish!). The problem is I can't install pepakura, or any other software because of IT policy.

Any ideas how to do this? I can view it at home but my printer there is currently not suitable for printing much.

Is there any way I can export the PDO to a PDF or something generic?

I did a search and couldn't find any similar threads, so I thought I would ask.
  2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

I don't have Pepakura available right now but I recall that you can export the developement pages as bitmaps. Check all of the drop down menus at the top and see if you can find that option. You can then open the bitmaps in another application and convert them to what ever format you need, or even print from the bitmaps. Just make sure you keep the print size correct.

(At least I think you can do that in Pepakura. I could be wrong or confused.:confused: )
  3. ericthehalfb

ericthehalfb New Member

When I have problems printing or scaling files I use PDFcreator. It installs as a printer device and so any program that can print can generate a pdf file. Works well, as the files are not locked and you can edit the resultant vector or bitmap graphic. I have used it with PDO files from pepakura viewer so I'm guessing it works with the full program.
  4. zealousy

zealousy Member

I can't remember which one I downloaded but I think it's the first one. It's freeware and a small install. It will put an option under your file menu for print options to print the document to a .pdf file.
    I had the same problem as you do and what I did was install this on my home PC and print the files to .pdf via paperkura and take it to office. A .pdf reader is standard at many offices and I assume you have one installed at work! Then all you have is a .pdf to print! :) Good luck
  5. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

Thanks, everybody!

I'll check it out at home when I can.
  6. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

Oh, as an FYI the PDF creator worked. Thanks!