Need planes for legal maly AVROMANCHES

garyj36

Kit didn't have any. Any ideas? I think when the french first took it it had Hellcats and Avengers. In which case I could buy a gambier bay and downscale the planes to 300th

Darwin

Gary, looks as if we may be trotting down the same path. I just completed redrawing and recoloring the parts to make it closer to the original HSM Colossus configuration. I'm not all that sure what scale I will finally arrive at...probably keep it in 1:300 for the first build (assuming I don't immediately get distracted by another redraw). The Colossus flew Corsairs and, I believe, Barracudas. Anyone know of any kits with the Barracuda? Maybe the JSC Intrepid?

cmdrted

The JSC Intrepid has corsairs, the JSC Victorius has albacores and swordfish and Fulmers. The fuselage of the fulmers can be fiddled into barracuda shape, at 1/300 it shouldn't be too noticible. Sorry the pic is a little fuzzy and skewed but this is just a sample pic of what the kits contain :wink:

garyj36

I'm planning to display it with the cruiser Degrasse from the '61 maly CD. Which is designed like a JSC kit. Anyone know if either ship participated i the indo china conflict and if the discussed airwing would still be valid?

Bowdenja

Just a question.......... could you scale down 1/50 plans to the size you want? Marek's models come to mind as a good cadidates............they are very well detailed and very inexpensive.

Darwin

The Arrowmanches and other Maly carriers are in 1:300 scale or smaller. I seriously doubt that a 1:50 scale Marek kit will be buildable even if you successfully pull off a X6 scale reduction (maybe a wizard like Scorpio could do it, but it is likely beyond the abilities of common morals such as us). I suspect it would be better to try a simpler design (like Fiddlers Green) for that severe a downscaling. It may be easier just to fake it with Wildcats and Dauntlesses. I thought maybe the Maly Ark Royal might be a source, but it has Fulmars and stringbags for a deck compliment.