need opinon!!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by GyverX, Jun 28, 2004.

1. GyverX

GyverX Member

I am looking into building a battle ship but I want a model that is out of water, so, No water line Ship. WHat I would like to know is what - in your opinoin would be a good U.S. Battle ship to build?
    It doesnt have to be U.S. but the only ones I would consider building would be U.S. or U.S.S.R. type no water line battle ships with VERY high detail.
    Thanks for your replies
  2. Atomsk

Atomsk Member

Digital Navy has kits of USS Arizona, and the Imperial Russian Battleship Oslabya. You can build both as full hull versions.

They offer both as CDs and printed kits, on their Order page.
  3. GyverX

GyverX Member

4. lgl007

lgl007 Member

Well, too bad you don't want to build a German battleship since the most detailed ship on the market (I think even if you consider both card board and plastic) is the Bismarck from HMV in 1:250 scale. It, in and of itself is almost 4,000 pieces and costs about ($85 CDN). Add to this the extensive photo etch kit ($135 CDN) and you have a ship that has over 7,000 pieces. Scorpio build this baby and has recently finished it. Check it out... it's a marvel. Most people can't believe it's paper.

If you want something very detailed then make sure you can get a photo etch kit for it. It makes a world of difference unless you are really into scratch building ladders and railings and such.

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

He doesn't have to go to our sister site, he can stay here, and check out the excellent build report of Scorpio.