Need New Loco: 2-8-2 BLI Mikado?

cnw1961

Glad to hear you got your Mike at last. Looking at your pictures, it was worth giving the BLI Mike a second chance. Beautiful engine :thumb: .

Thanks guys... really appreciate the comments.

It really is a nice locomotive. I'm wondering if I could get some more decals (for the dome) since ATSF number boards are not in existance seperately and superdetail the locomotive. My first step today is head to the LHS, pick up some light oil for lubrication, run the crap outta it, and then work on the tender.

Because my Spectrum has a custom coal load given to me by the friend, the BLI's looks horrible. I'm going to paint it gloss black and put some WS coal (from the LHS today when I go) on top and overflow for some more realism. That will certainly improve that.

I'm too scared to weather it--or even detail. :cry:

I'll get some pictures up when it's complete, for now, off to the LHS. :D

petey

Trainwhiz,
Unexpected that you are interested in steam. As you know, there's a great deal of lore surrounding them. Another kudo, you can compose & spell!
Weathering; try dry chalks, if you obtain the kind that do not have an adhesive mixed in them, you can wipe off mistakes, or lighten your coating. If all you find are those with the adhesive, a sponge/cloth/cotton ball can be used to wash them off, which might then produce an interesting weathering effect. I have some unpainted brass 4-6-2s SF
Cl 3400 protos. Under $180 + post. If you want more info please contact off list.

DM&IR-Yellowstone man. I am considering disposing of one of these, however, it is a B&O prototype. If interested, contact me off-list. It is well under $500.