NEED MAJOR HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by xerox, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xerox

xerox Member

hey guys whats up i have a new savage ss kit with the .25 engine and i went to go drive it and for some reason it was loosing compression and i have nooooooooooo torque and so i brought it to a hobby shop and he couldn't fix it because nothing was broken so then my bro opened the engine and found something in it so we took it out and also took out a shim so that the compression would go back in and then i started it up again and the stupid thing still had no torque so any help would be use full

ps. i have no cash available right now so any help besides buying a new engine would be great thanks.:(
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

maybe the glow plug is not on tight this would let air into the engine and give it less compression, here is some other things:

The herd on the motor is not secure
    The backplate is lose or not manufactured correctly(in rare cases that is)

EDIT:it could be that it is not tuned correctly, if the engine starts and you give it alot of gas but it is slow or slugish it could be that the high speed needle is set rich.
  3. xerox

xerox Member

thanks for the info but that wasnt the problem the problem was that the piston was chipped and that is why i was loosing all of my torque so i was woundering if i could change the piston and sleeve from my .21bb to my .s25 because the engine case on my 21bb is broken and my s25 piston and sleeve are broken so is the change able.
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Battle Hearse

well if the pison was chipped from the factory they have to replace it then.
  5. xerox

xerox Member

no my dumb brother chipped it as he tightened the flywheel
    he put a screw driver with rubber on it thinking it wouldn't do it
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well that sucks but how did he do that since the piston is inside the crank case?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.