Need hopper ID

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Joepomp, Mar 15, 2004.

  1. Joepomp

    Joepomp Member

    I took this picture of an NJT train putting down ballast. Are theses speical hoppers? If you zoom in you can the shoots on the side.
  2. Joepomp

    Joepomp Member


    Ok, and now the picture.:curse:
  3. jon-monon

    jon-monon Active Member

    Sorry you're having trouble posting it. If you would like you could e-mail it to me and I'll post it. jon(at) but use @ instead of (at) :D
  4. Joepomp

    Joepomp Member



    Attached Files:

  5. railwaybob

    railwaybob Member

    Hello Joepomp. These look like ballast hoppers that are used to dump ballast along the side of the tracks. They're not too long and not too short cause the ballast is kind of heavy.

    To see another photo of one of these, try this thread which is on the "The Real Thing - Canada" section of The Gauge.
  6. Joepomp

    Joepomp Member


    Here is another view.

Share This Page