Need help

Sparks

Jun 15, 2002
Visit site
I need help I have the two main lines done but! I have 5 spurs to do I want one spur to go around on side of a mountian to a mine. Do I start building the mountian then put the track on it or make risers for line and put the track up then build the mountian. This spur should also run over a tunnel for the two main lines. Also I want a small wooden bridge over a creek need to know when to build it. It is on a 4x8' ho layout.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Whichever way you do it Sparks, the necessary track supports have to be built in place as you go. Some modellers like to build their mountains first but include track bed. When scenicked, lay the track. I put the track in first then build the mountains around it. To me, that's the easiest. I do have to cover the track with masking tape when I do the sceniking but it peels off easily when done.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Everybody has their own way of doing things I guess, but in this case I agree with the others. My layout has mountains and will have one major creek. Even though all the mnt's and the creek are not in yet all the track is done. It is just easier for me if I do the track first then do the scenery.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Sparks,
What's been said is the way to go, track first, then scenery. Make sure the risers are well supported.
Here's a shot of my Badger Creek in it's early days.
Shamus

Attachments

• basw5v.jpg
    basw5v.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 205