need help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by terrell1902, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

can i add an failsafle to my rc gt 10. what kind of a-arms can i get.when i push the brakes it will slow down the truck but it will not stop it.when it is sitting the truck weels keep spining all the time. And why do my spur gears get messed up.
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

yes you can get a failsafe for it. try to adjust the brakes if you havnt tried anything yet. and with the spur gear you might not be aligned good.
  3. terrell1902

terrell1902 New Member

ok i will try. how can i make it go faster
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

tighten the caleper on the brak disk to tighten the breaks. Ajust the idle and the truck will not move it sounds like it is to high, or open in the carb. As for spur gears getting messed up do you mean there are getting chewed up? Ajust the gear mesh between the engine and spur with a piece of paper between them this should take care of that problem.
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

dynomite makes a good fail safe for about 20 bucks I belive
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

venom and ofna make good ones for low price too
  7. tnx

tnx Member

what do u mean? u mean it starts driving again?

Tim
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

it doesen't stop it keeps moveing as in giveing it alittle throttle. It is more then liekly the idle or possibly how the servo is connect to the carb.
  9. tnx

tnx Member

ye, u should have a lok at your carb, take of the airfiler and turn on electrics. look at the hole that is visable in the carb. that should be too big. maybe you should make that smaller, by urning the idle needle. i had to adjust mine yesterday as it was stalling evry 5 mins.

Tim
  10. xerox

xerox Member

himy name is brian and i need hopup for mymt2 can you tell me some
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Listen first take a look at the brake adapter sits behind the slipper and rides on the top shaft, remove and replace with a metal one the plastic ones wear out fast, that should help take care of the problem. Make sure that the linkages go back on properly, set trim in the nuetral position to set linkage , RED
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.