Need Help with wiring Ez Track turnout switches

spookman

Apr 22, 2006
henryslureworld.com
I want to put two electronic turnout switches on each side of my 4 ft by 8 ft layout and have all the switches on my control panel under the front of the table. The wiring instructions says plug this into that but they only give you about a foot of wire between the plugs. I need over 4 ft. Do I have to cut the wire between the plugs and soder longer wires in to reach the panel or can I buy extensions?

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

I believe B'mann makes extensions, but I don't know how long they are, or if they'll be useful to you. Look in their catalog (bachmanntrains.com). You don't need DCC to operate the switches. Any power source (12-16V, AC or DC) will operate them just fine.

Gus (LC&P).

spookman

Apr 22, 2006
henryslureworld.com
steamhead said:
Hi,

I believe B'mann makes extensions, but I don't know how long they are, or if they'll be useful to you. Look in their catalog (bachmanntrains.com). You don't need DCC to operate the switches. Any power source (12-16V, AC or DC) will operate them just fine.

Gus (LC&P).

Thanks Gus

I just bought 6 of them from the website. Now soon as I get my awitches from Ebay I will go nuts on turnouts. HAHAHA

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Good for you. Another point-when you do your wiring, make sure you route your wires neatly and keep them close to the table top. Hanging wires will ultimately end up being ripped off at some time or other. Also neat wiring helps track problems down.
Good luck!

Gus (LC&P).

spookman

Apr 22, 2006
henryslureworld.com
steamhead said:
Good for you. Another point-when you do your wiring, make sure you route your wires neatly and keep them close to the table top. Hanging wires will ultimately end up being ripped off at some time or other. Also neat wiring helps track problems down.
Good luck!

Gus (LC&P).

Gus I am going to use velcro to wrap my wires and stick then to the bottom of the table top. This should keep them nice and neat. Also I will put tape labels on the ends of the wires so I can identify them. Will bind them all up nice and neat in one strand with velcro entering coming into my control panel. I have velcro that has peel off tape on the back side to stick it on anything.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
You should be able to extend the wires by cutting and splicing. Does it look as if the plugs come off and can be put on another wire?
You might consider cutting the wires, running the free end through the table or roadbed and splicing the wire below.