NEED HELP WITH RS4 MT2

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by xerox, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xerox

xerox Member

Hi I am not a newbie to the hobbie, I have a nitro rush now I was thinking of getting a nitro rs4 mt2 but i was woundering if anybody could give me the good and the bad news about it and what kind of hop ups I should get for it because I am thinking of getting it in 4-5 weeks from know and i am also thinking of racing in in races so if anyone can give me some advice on it that would be great.

thanks xerox
  2. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

Hehe. Well back in Feb of 2003 I sent HPI pics of my Nitro RS4 MT to post on their gallery. Kinda hoping to win that free kit. Anyway the MT2 is the same thing as what I sent them pics of, minus the water cooled system, after all the modifications that I made to mine. And still none of my pics has been posted. So when I went to IL for the hobby expo I couldn't resist in giving them crap for not posting my pics and such. Their response: "I have seen those pics, I think they are still floating around the office." LOL. Anyway to answer your question... The MT2 is just about completely redesigned. It now has redesigned thicker dogbones, different suspension, shocks, shock towers, body mounts, the brush guard, better engine, a new radio tray from the RS4 RTR3 (which encloses the reciever and makes changing the batteries a heck of a lot easier), thicker spur gear and a nice slipper clutch/hub system, among other subtle changes. dang theives, oh well they did offer me a job. But I hate CA. LOL. Definately good buy. With as much as I have done to my MT the only thing that really broke was the suspension arms. I am not sure how the new ones hold up though. As far as hop ups... you really wont need any. Just get a good clutch system, high torque servos, masher 2000 tires (depending on the track), and a good exhaust system. Any other questions just ask.
  3. xerox

xerox Member

well thanks for the info.
    but when i get my nitro rs4mt2 what kind of hop ups sould i get to make it go faster besides the ones you told me. i was woundering how good is the roto start of the truck i mean does it start with out a problem or does it take a while because i have never had a truck where you use a roto start so i was woundering is it good or when iget the truck should i change it to pull start and also what is the average temperature the the truck should be in, in order for it to go fast but also stay cool.

thank xerox
  4. rockn82

rockn82 Marx Brother

The truck wont need much, like I said but get yourself gears and clutch bells to play with. Find a good gear ratio (one that gives you the speed you want and good acceleration). Also consider the fact that it is a monster truck and you will need some amount of torque for climbing and such. If you find yourself breaking parts, then upgrade from there. As for that roto-start the only thing that I have heard about it is that you shouldnt turn it over longer than 10 sec at a time. But the people that have them say it starts their vehicle in less than that. I really have mixed feelings about it though. If you don't mind yankin (or need the excercise) then go with a pull start. Then you won't have to worry about the extras to carry with you. The roto-start needs a 7.2V batt to use it. And its one more thing to carry and keep charged. The MT2 is capable of being bump boxed. Duratrax makes a nice one. That is how I start mine. It completely removes that nasty one-way bearing slip, no start combo. LOL. Plus it lessens the friction on the engine and decreases the rotating mass. All taken into consideration, if you have to carry something else with you why not carry the bump box and give yourself a little preformance and reliablity in the long run. Again, just my thoughts. As for the engine temps I am not sure as I haven't played around with the T-15 yet. Just the .21 and .25. It will be covered in the owners manual for sure though. If you go to www.hpiracing.com and look up the engine or kit you can get the entire instruction manual online. Page by page. One of the nicer features of HPI. LOL ... lose your book?, I think we all have at some point.
  5. xerox

xerox Member

hi yo thanks for the info but i really want to know is do u know if there is any good exhaust pipes for my truck and do u know what kind of good hop ups i should get for myy truck to make it go faster so that i can beat my brothers .27 savage because it was orginally a .21 but he put a .25 because his .21 broke and waise can you tell me of some good hop ups i can get so that i can beat my brothers savage thanks.
  6. If i was you i would of took that job in california.....its the best state to live in....you got the sun..and the beaches...all the women...all the stars....and last but not least you got the Lakers....what more would you ask for.....cali is the place to be....
  7. Ya, but you also have the polution and the hoards of people and houses and congestion everywhere...
  8. dale3

dale3 New Member

I'd buy a .21 conv. for it if you want to blow a Savage away.New Era makes them then you must change the ring and pinion to the HPI HD ones other than that a good clutch,filter,pipe,masher tires,and safe the truck is plenty tuff. [​IMG]
  9. xerox

xerox Member

thanks for the info guys but also do you know if a good engine for racing would be better is it the .15 cvrx or the os.12 i heard the the .15cvrx is really fast but it is too fast for racing so if you can tell me then that would be great.
    also what kind of fuel should i go with and also should i get better dog bone and better turn buckles because on my nitro rush my turn buckles broke after i hit a big ramp so i upgrated the turn buckley to titium so should i upgrate? also if i should will the turn buckles on my nitro rush fit on the nitro rs4 mt2?
    should i get better shouck towers for the front and back and which ones? should i also change the spring and shocks its self and which ones? it will mainly be for hard off roading and if i get these things will they make a big difference in my stering. also what kind of oil should i get for the front and back shocks and anything else i missed thanks alot and drive hard.....
  10. xerox

xerox Member

hey dale 3 i was woundering can you tell me some of the hop ups you have and can you send me some more pics at briansteve201@hotmail.com thanks alot
    :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.