Need help with Pepakura

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I've got a model in Pepakura that I'm unfolding and I need to know how to cut the edges. In the old version there was a hobby knife symbol, but I can't find it in v2.0. I think the "Specify open edges" option might be it, but I'm not sure.
  2. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Yea... It's the "specify open edge". I don't think there is a "specify closed edge" in this version though.
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Okay, thanks!

I've got another question: Is it possible to scale parts? I've got a model under development and I've assembled part of the test print. There's a part on it that's supposed to slide in and out, and the pieces as they are now are too big by a fraction of an inch.
  4. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

i just checked pepakura and i cant seem to scale an indiviual part, but there may be a way try checking the object list and highlighting the individual part and scale that then save that part only, ok it will be a seperatr pdo file but at least you will have the correct scaled part, if no object for it try making a new object for it in your 3d software and just open that alone..
  5. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I don't think you can do anything after making the development in Pepakura, not even scaling the entire model is possible... Think this is because Pepakura does not save the geometry information but rather information on "what surface goes where".
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Hm. You'd think that you could drag a box around the part and shrink whatever's in there. I guess I'll just go back into Meta and re-scale the part from there. It's a small part; I wish I didn't have to re-do the whole thing for one little bit(I guess I should have thought about that when I was editing the model in Meta).
  7. barry

barry Active Member

if you know what the original scale number generated by pepakura is use the object list apply the same scaling factor it will come out the same size as everything else you mess with it in the original program or whatever
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

I don't need the whole thing miniaturized, just a part. And it's a small part, so I don't want to have to print a whole page for it.

Along the same lines, how can I post my model to these forums? Do I have to convert it to PDF format or can I post a link to the file directly?
  9. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I think you can post it as a zip file with the pdo and pdf files.

--And just to say I find it quite useful to break the model up to smaller bits to unroll in Pepakura, this way you don't have to redo the whole thing in case something goes haywire.