Need help with Paragon's USS Kelvin

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Millenniumfalsehood, May 26, 2009.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey guys, can you help me out a bit? I'm itching to build the Kelvin, but I'm confoosed :p as to the assembly of:

The nacelle and secondary hull struts: which is which, what are the ribbed(?) parts for, and how do the end parts fit in(and if I remember right, the secondary hull is on top and the warp engine is on bottom, correct?)

The shuttlebay: not sure how to go about building this one

The impulse drive: where and how is this attached to the hull? I'm guessing laminating it to the rear of the saucer, but that's a slanted surface, so it'll look like a smiley if I do that.

The planetary sensor dome: I'm guessing it's a laminated part; am I correct?

A question left unasked will always go unanswered, so . . . a little help? :oops:
  2. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Hold on...that's the bad old version, I have a lot of new parts developed for the other ships that I need to transfer back over to the Kelvin...
  3. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Oh, it also includes a completely different top for the saucer...

How far along are you with construction, and which version is it?
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Just printed, and whichever one was one your site as of an hour ago. :) I actually just printed a low-quality model so I could build a prototype. Does the new version have a more accurate B-C deck? The movie version's was actually very similar to the Excelsior class impulse deck design.
  5. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Ummm...the bridge and deck beneath it are more that what you meant? They have much steeper sides now though. The new parts are also much easier to build now, especially the pylons connecting the hull and nacelle, and the shuttlebay. Plus the new version has better graphics.

Not uploaded yet, almost there.
  6. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Ok, she's up now, go ahead and download it. Obviously its the one that says updated design.
  7. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Ok, I see its been downloaded twice now, I assume you got it? Let me know if the parts make more sense now. Some pictures of your build would be nice too.

And yes, the impulse engines just get laminated on the back, it looks fine to me.
  8. cdwheatley

cdwheatley Member

I'm liking your new USS Kelvin Paragon, thank you for updating it :). I may have to build it after I'm done with the Enterprise 'D' I'm working on at the moment.
  9. Millenniumfalsehood

Actually, I'm probably number three.

Yes, that is incalculably better than the original! I also downloaded a flyby video of the Kelvin on Youtube which helped in the understanding of how to build the bridge area (yeah, the area I was referring to). Your new version looks great! I'm also loving the new aztec patterns on the hull. :thumb:

I'm really looking forward to building her. I'll be making a build thread for it.