Need Help with Mars Center Shuttle

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I need pictures of the Control Surface connection area of the Mars Center Shuttle. The Instructions are not clear on how to attach the connection spar to the wings.

Please help if you have some pictures,

2. dardard

dardard Member

Just put a piece of card or a metal wire from the interior of the wing inside the hinges, this allow the surface to be moved later.
    The same system is used for the rudder/airbrake.

Hope this will help you, but I have no pictures of this building step.
  3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I used a toothpick, myself. I couldnt roll card small enough to fit the hinges, and didn't want to use wire for fear of punctures.
  4. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Thanks for the pointers, But....

The problem is the spar attachment to the shuttle wing. I need to know how the spar wrap attaches inside the wing.

Thanks for the other pointers. I will use them too!

5. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Ahhh, now I know where you're at.

I actually did not attach the spars to the inside of the wing skin. The fit was very snug for me, so I simply let them "float" inside and it worked out fine. :)
  6. dardard

dardard Member

I did the same as in the instruction : wrapping the wings around the spars and leave them with some weight one or two days to have the right shape.
    Then after dry fitting, I put glue on the spars and assemble.
  7. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

All I need is a photo of the rear of the model. If any of you guys could post one please. Then I know that I can figure it out from there.

8. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Go the pictures I needed!

Udon had the picture that I needed. Thanks for alll your help guys. I will publish some build pictures over the next few days, (If you want to see them).

9. dardard

dardard Member

Of course we want to see your pictures.
    Sorry to be unable to show you what you request, but my model is unpacked and waiting to be moved with the rest of the house.