Need help with a Vulcan

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Regie, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Regie

Regie Member

Hi folks.

I'm the kind of guy that knows his limits, and I know that I'm no paper model designer.

I'm a teacher, and in the spring I'll be running an educational project with some of my students revolving around the Avro Vulcan. In a perfect world I'd like to be able to get the kids to build their own paper Vulcan Bomber. I was hoping that I'd be able to use the model from Fiddler's Green because I know from experience that Chips's models are good looking but simple to build and they really work in a classroom.

However, Chip tells me that the FG Vulcan model is unlikely to be ready any time soon. So.

Who'd like to design a Vulcan? It needs to look good hanging from a cieling and be reletively simple to put together. Like I said, I'm no designer, but I can help by providing as many pics as you'd like, and I'm certainly up for beta building and anything else useful I can do.

All assistance gratefully recieved...
  2. peaceglue

peaceglue New Member

Hello regie,

I'm also not a designer for papermodels. But what kind of project you want to perform with your pupils? It's sounds strange for me that the result will be a vulcan bomber (made of paper)?!
  3. cf1

cf1 New Member

Vulcan's rule.
  4. mrmaps

mrmaps Dances with Rockets

Do you have an existing scale model, inkjet printer and a digital camera?
  5. Regie

Regie Member

Oh, the model is only a part of it. My school runs something called "Activities Week" at the end of every summer term, allowing students to get out of the classroom and learn in a more active way.

Myself and a colleague will be running a week of activities themed around engineering, with Vulcan XH558, the only remaining airworthy Avro Vulcan Bomber in the world as the centrepiece. We'll be working with the Vulcan's education office, looking at various aspects of aeronautical engineering and maintenance. The idea of the paper model is that it will allow the kids to have the experience of building something relevant to their week and encourage them to solve some of the problems inherent in paper engineering for themselves. I want ot use paper because it's cheap (we have a very small budget) and parts can be re-printed easily if there are any foul ups...
  6. Regie

Regie Member

Yes to both, although the scale model is very small. I also have some detailed scale drawings.
  7. You may like to know that I have just one copy of the FlyModel Vulcan in stock. Expensive, but huge and highly detailed. >
  8. Gerald43

Gerald43 Member

9. Gerald43

Gerald43 Member

you can enlarge it and it is free
    Sorry for my Englisch