need help with 1122 turnouts

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by twilight, Nov 25, 2004.

1. twilight

twilight Member

So, I thought it would be fun to set up my old Lionel trains up for under the Christmas tree! :) However, I am running into a problem with three of my old 1122 turnouts! :( When I have the turnouts as part of a complete oval they hum! :confused: and the controller does not operate them! When I test them individually they work fine! Anyone got any thoughts on what's going on here? :confused:

Much appreciated,
    Mark :D
  2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

sounds like a short to me.. :( How are you wiring them & how are you wiring the "track power.

any way that you can draw up a wiring diagram??? in MS paint maybe & post it here???
  3. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I don't know the 1122s well at all, but I believe you have to have insulating pins in one of the rails on them. Are the insulating pins present?

I'm sure there are people on the Classic Toy Trains forum at who can answer your question very quickly. I do know that's a common problem.
  4. twilight

twilight Member

Thanks guys for you replys! And Dave you were exactly right about the insulating pins! :thumb: As, I get closer to 40, I find that my memory doesn't serve me as well as it once did! :eek: :cry:

Mark :D