Need help seeking product distributors

bobrien

Greetings again all
Does anyone know of/heard of a Brazilian company called Frateschi or of their US distributors Rail Road Models?
I cannot get either of their websites up and so far no response to e-mails.
They (Frateschi) are manufacturers of locos for New Zealand, Australia and South Africa - and I will be otherwise forced into custom manufacture.
Thanks
Bruce

bobrien

Tyson,
Nope they are still there (in Brazil I mean) but I don't speak Portugese and they don't understand English. But I think the US company has gone.

billk

Bruce - I managed to find a (sort of) English version of their Brazilian site at:

http://www.frateschi.com.br/indexi.htm

While there, I checked on dealers and guess what - one of them was G.J. Butler
7 Hepara Street
Hataitai
Wellinggton 6003
Phone/Fax: 64-4-386-3590

Is this any help?

(BTW, Wellinggton was a cut and paste directly from their site.)

Bill K

bobrien

Bill

As we say in NZ - Aww thanks mate !!
I got the site up and their English can best be described as 'interesting'.
Have been in touch with the guy in Wellington and he should prove very helpful.
Thanks for the spotting - it is much appreciated.
Cheers
Bruce

bobrien

Woody

Yep mate. Apparantly they manufacture locos and stock which is supposed to be either identical or very close to NZ, Oz and Sth African.
I have picked up a model which is identical (except that it has 2 axles instead of 3) to the original DA diesel loco which was here in the late 50's early 60's. It is even going to be sent in original NZ Rail colours !!:D :D :D

I have managed to screw a catalogue out of them which they are posting. Apparantly they only sell thru dealers usually.
As soon as I have any more info I'll let you know.
By the way - how's your Portugese? I'll need to decipher the language in the catalogue I guess.
Also - where did you get your Holden from? Been looking and looking here but mostly only Yank cars available here.
Cheers
Bruce

Woodie

Aussie stuff?

Bruce,

hmmmm... interesting. I had a look at their website (not thoroughly) and didn't see anything familiar.... but I'll check again. I didn't see prices there either, but I'll take another look.

Ironically, their rep in Australia lives in the same street as my brother! (in Melbourne).

Holdens? I got them from Trainworld in Melbourne. Not cheap. bout $11 AUS each. I did put a thread up here somewhere a while ago about it. I'll look for it, or just do a search on "holden" and see what you find.

Let me know what you find out as well. :cool:

Woodie

Thread link

"Danger Will Robinson, Danger Danger!" Will this work?????

I'll try a link direct to the Holden thread.....
Click here

If it don't work, Oh well..... Just search for "Holden". All the info is in there.

Hope it works!

bobrien

Woody

Thanks Mate - what an awesome outfit Weico is. Will be worth a plane ride just for that I reckon. They've even got one of my first cars (FJ ute). Bloody impressive. Thanks for the tip.
:D :D :D

bobrien

Woody
Re the Frateschi stuff - well it would appear that my info on them was not detailed enough (got it from a modeller in the South Island) and having got their catalogue, well their stuff is really of no use.
Apart from the General Electric diesel they had that I managed to get in original NZR colours (not the one shown), nothing else looks to be of value. A dead end I'm afraid.

And thanks again for the link to the cars - but I reckon it was just an excuse to show off your layout pics again wasn't it!
;)

Woodie

Piccies....

Bruce,

Yeah... I had a look, and nothing Australian is shown on their website. As you picked out, they have one NZ loco in NZ rail colours. That was about it. And no prices.

As for the piccies??? Yeah.... I need some new ones! rehashing to old ones a bit much lately! :rolleyes: