Need help printing to scale in Pepakura.

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I've got a rather large model in Pepakura that I need scaled down to a more manageable size. I've looked at all the print settings, but nothing works. Is there a way around this problem? I don't want to "Print Screen" to get the parts on MSPaint or anything like that. I just want a solution.
  2. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

use pepakura designer

if your using pepakura designer you can adjust the scale by doing the following, once model is unfolded click on the 2d patternwindow tab then either scale down or up by 10% or by clicking scale up/down by sepcifing amount that way would be esier as you can specify exactley how small or large you want it.
    i hope that helps.
  3. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Is there any way to do that in Pepakura Viewer? That's what I've got(the free download).
  4. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

no im sorry there isnt. but if you want you can send me the file tell me what size you want it and i can do it for you.
  5. barry

barry Active Member

In your original design draw a box that completely covers your model go to Pepakura select the box unfold it measure the length. In the scale factor box read the lower fraction, measure your box length check this against your ideal size. Calculate the ratio multiply the pepa fraction check again.

Plaudits to Maurice
  6. Janx

Janx Member

Pepakura uses the completed model's height to scale the model, if you are able to, before you unfold the model turn auto option off and select the specify value option to set the built model's size. It should create the unfolded development on the appropriate number of sheets...

Attached Files:

• Dev.jpg
      File size:
      108.3 KB