Need help PLEASE!!

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

I HAVE A QUESTION I JUST BOUGHT MY FIRST NIRTO POWERED CAR, EVERYTHING WENT FINE THROUGH THE BREAK IN PROCESS BUT AFTER THAT I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET IT STARTED. wHEN EVER I PULL THE PULL START I GET NOTHING BESIDES SOME LIQUID GAS COMEING OUT MY EXAUST PIPE(NOT A LOT JUST A LITTLE THOUGH) IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

hmm from the sounds of it it could be flooded if crap is comming out of the exhaust BUT you wouldnt be able to pull the pullstart. did you messaround alot with the needles? is the glow plug in tight?

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING ELESE

Is fuel getting to the engine, is there enuf pressure for the fuel to get there. Did you prime it?
  3. rustler

rustler Member

what do you mean by prime it (sorry i am just getting into this hobby)
  4. rustler

rustler Member

after the break-in process what do i have to do, i bought this from a friend who got it for christmas and never used but managed to lose the manual so if you have any advice please share

THanx
  5. rustler

rustler Member

thanx for your help it is now up and running for a litle while atleast lol
  6. Steve M

Steve M Member

Are you able to spin the motor with the pullstart if you remove the glow plug and disconnect the fuel line? If you can then maybe what is happening is that the motor is getting too much fuel and cause a hydro lock. This happens when you get too much fuel inside the motor. When the piston goes down it forces too much fuel up into the cylinder so that when the piston tries to go up it can't because the fuel doesn't compress.
  7. pimp

pimp Active Member

what rc do u have
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

from his posts and name I belive he has a Nitro Rustler with the old .15 in it lol
  9. rustler

rustler Member

THanx SteveM i will go try that
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.