need Help indentifying this engine!

tomsykes

Jan 25, 2007
Hello, I am looking for some help in indentifying the following engine, I am recently got this from a guy at work and am model train illiterate at this moment and am interested into getting into the hobby...i do know its G sacale...so if anyone can tell me who the maker of this engine is the value etc...I sure would appreciate it! Thanks alot! Tom

Attachments

• 000_0500.JPG
    000_0500.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 110

msowsun

Nov 1, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
Does the box say Aristocraft Trains on it?

http://www.aristocraft.com/catalog/locomotives/FA-FB-FA/index.html

compareoldnew.jpg

fafbfa.jpg

tomsykes

Jan 25, 2007
Thanks to both of you for your responses, This is actually in a aristo craft box....the guy it came from said that the box was not the correct box...thats what he was told...and whether they meant as far as brand goes...or model....im not sure. I started my search out on aristo crafts forum a week or so ago.....I was told it was not aristo craft and they deleted my thread entirely because their forum is for aristo craft...and aristo craft only, but thats water under the bridge. Do most models have identifying numbers or anything located on them somewhere? Could this be a cheap chinese version of aristo craft or something?...Like I said Im not model rr educated...thats why I turned here for help...Thanks for the warm welcome!....it has went much better than on the other forum.

By the way..there was 2 different manuals one says ALCO FA-1 diesel locomotive REA-22000-01 Railway Express Agency and has the railway express agency on the back.
The other says ALCO FA-1 Diesel Locomotive instruction manual ART 22000-01 Aristo Craft Trains and has the Aristo Craft Train emblem on the back.