Need help finding a canopy

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Texman, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Texman

Texman Guest

I am in need of a Mig-29 UB canopy, to fit the GPM no.091 Mig-29.
    The vendors I have listed are out of stock or don't carry it. Can any
    one help me out? PM me with the price if you can!

Thanks y'all

2. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Dunno if you are still in Germany or not Ray, but if you are, you might try the modelling exhibition in Sinsheim from the 13th til the 16th of March.

3. Texman

Texman Guest

I wish! We moved back to the US the first of the year. I know I
    could find them there at the expo. Thanks for the reminder Rick.

4. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I just noticed this new (to me anyway) idea for canopies in this thread, maybe if you can't find one to buy you could try to make one using this method.
  5. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i am like jaffro

way not to make one?
    its mach more eseyer and mach more fun to make your own cnopys :)
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Yea, I suggest vacforming too. I tried it and worked fine (save for a really nasty burn on the hand...) Besides, doesn't it feel good when you know everything is made by yourself? ;)
  7. exzealot

exzealot Member

Hi Ray,

Send me a xerox or scanned images of the paper canopy parts, and the bottom profile from the fuselage, and I'll make you a canopy and send it to you. The copies must be to exact scale.

8. OhioMike

OhioMike Member

Get one of the wifes or moms bakeing pans...the real old one that they dont use. Preferably a bread style thats fairly deep. Preferably with a drill press but a hand drill will work with perserverence, start drilling holes in the bottom. About a hundred or more in a grid fashion. cut a hole in the side that will fit a small vac. hose. now have a vacuform plateen! Theres plenty of sites out there to tell you how to heat your "Plastic"! I use a picture frame and clothes pin acetate or thin plastic to it...oven bake for only a few minutes at a fairly low temp to wear you see saging and place it over my mold/plateen with the vac running and....Walla!!!