need help converting a 3Dmax file to blender format?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ISNJH, Mar 5, 2009.

1. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

I want to do a redesign of my Hunter killer tank and also do a HK air unit paper model. I am looking at the Terminator files free mesh site at this link

I need someone to that has 3D max to save the files as OBJ file format or 3DS so I can load them up in blender and work on tweaking them for making them into paper models.

Can someone help me?
  2. theo

theo Member

Hello ISNJH,

You mean the HK Tank 'Goliath' By Nefedov?

3. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

yes and the HK Aerial mesh I would like to work on converting both of those into a paper model format. Do you have max and could you help me save them into a format I could load up in blender and work on to export to pepakura designer.
  4. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

Theo the mesh files you sent for the HK air unit is missing the face polys on the back tail. see attached screenshot

Attached Files:

5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

They are there .... just flipped.

To understand 3d models you have to understand 3d modeling.

The model can suffer some mishaps when exporting from one format to another.
  6. ISNJH

ISNJH New Member

They are not there in the version Theo sent me. I have done 3D modeling for over 8 years and checking to make sure a face is flipped the right way is one of the first things I did. I checked and the faces are not there at all they are missing.
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Rebuild it?
  8. theo

theo Member

I'll look at it as soon as possible to see if I can what is cosing the problem.:oops:
    I just reinstalled my pc an I don't have the programs on it.