NEED HELP BAD! NEW TO RC

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by michaelga21, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelga21

michaelga21 New Member

have never had a rc car befor so i bought a used one. Any ways the reason i'm writing is when i start it it runs but GAS just poors out of the muffler. alot there is two scres that i see one u can turn with hand and the other u turn with a flat head, don't know what to do or turn it has a dynamite .12 engine. Also how long can u keep the glow plug stater on there. It is a pull start
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

sounds like it might be rich... When a engine is rich more fuel is getting to it. There is a fuel tube going from the tank to the pipe I persume, is fuel going through it into the pipe? Have the glow plug warmer on for about a minute or so so the engine egts warmed up and as long as the needle setting are good and the idle is set it should stay running. Take a flat head and turn the 1 screw and look inside the barell of the carb, if you see the opening in it get larger or smaller its the idle ait screw, if it doesen't it is more then likely the high speed needle.
  3. michaelga21

michaelga21 New Member

so what should i do about it
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

re-read my post.
  5. Steve M

Steve M Member

There are a couple of basic nitro related articles you can read by clicking on this link;

http://www.nitrorc.com/

Rear the "R/C Nitro Engine 101", "Engine Tuning Basics", and Carburetors 101" articles as a start.
  6. michaelga21

michaelga21 New Member

still not sure what to do
  7. bandit1

bandit1 Member

like dj said, its running rich. lean it out by turning ur high speed needle in a little bit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.