Need Help! 1977 Cox .049 R/C Dune Buggy

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by john nikolai, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john nikolai

john nikolai New Member

Hi All, I have a 1977 Cox .049 R/C Dune Buggy and cannot seem to find one anywhere to determine it's value. All I seem to find on the net are the non R/C versions. Anyone have one of the or know where I can find more information on them would be greatly appreciated!

2. rustler

rustler Member

Is it nitro or electric
  3. john nikolai

john nikolai New Member

Its an .049 gas powered model
  4. alisar70

alisar70 Member

thats pritty old man you wont get muc for it
  5. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well actualy he could get alot of money because it is old and it could be a collectable. If it is not so beat up then it might be worth somthing but if its kinda in bad shape it probly wojnt be worth much then
  6. what state you live in I am interested in it
  7. Steve M

Steve M Member

I found a timeline chart on the web for various Cox vehicles.

If I read the chart right, you R/C dune buggy dates back to the late 60's and early 70's. eBay seems to be your best bet for selling as several collectors are sure to snap this up as long as the condition is good.

I have a non-R/C Cox Sandblaster myself and had a blast running this one years ago. I also have another Cox R/C .049 street racer but can't remember what the heck it was called.

8. Ya but it would be better to go on ebay to sell it or at your local hobby shop
  9. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ya steve said that it would be better to sell it off of ebay.....
  10. Steve M

Steve M Member

Cardmodel of "Anlasswagen" 1/33 of german airforce WWII

I suggested eBay as the most likely place to sell, but after doing a search on "Cox" I am finding that these products can be bought fairly cheap.

There is already a mint looking Cox .049 buggy on eBay and the price is still very low. Look for item #3192739205, item #3193292608 or item #3192744616 for a few nice examples.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

wow! I thought they would be more since they are really old.
  12. john nikolai

john nikolai New Member

Thanks for all the info guys! I purchased my buggy in 1977 or '78 and ordered it straight from Cox with the R/C steering controls installed. It was a very rare option and that time which may explain why another cannot be found. Its in good shape, no flat tires, etc. The .049 motor doeas not have the pull start but the flywheeel as the longer starter would hit the R/C unit which fills the chassis compartment. Anyone know if Cox is still in business? I thought about contacting them but it seems they are non existent. As always your any advice is greatly appreciated!

13. pimp

pimp Active Member

sounds like a pretty cool rc never seen/heard of 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.