Need extractors for these file types: pk3, dll, hdr

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Millenniumfalsehood, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I'm not sure where I can find software that will convert these, but I need something that can extract .pk3, .dll, and .hdr file extensions. In case you're wondering, they are the file extensions used in the game Jedi Outcast, and I'd like to extract them and convert the cieling mounted turrets, the Probe and Rapid-firing droids, Kyle and Desaan's lightsabers, and several other weapons like the Thermal Detonator, Imperial Blaster, and Trip Mines.

I'm pretty sure the .pk3 file extension is the one I'm looking for. Any takers?
  2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

.pk3 sounds quake related, pretty sure jedi outkast was on the quake engine too, so you'd be needing a pak file extractor. Pak files are just like cab and rar files, you should have a browsable directory structure to search through for the model files, not sure what format you'll find them in.

.dll files are dynamic link libraries, probably nothing to do with the models.

No idea what the .hdr files could be.
  3. sprintx

sprintx Member

pk3 can be easily opened in winrar
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Okay, the files are extracted. Does anyone know if Metasequoia will read .md3 files? Or do I need a converter? Alternatively, will Pepakura read these file types?
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

a quick mod custom search will reveal all you need to know about the manipulation of these items.
  6. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I'm not sure, but I think that MilkShape 3d can open those files and convert them to several other formats.

I need to look at my copy, but I think it can do the job. In fact I only have a copy of it to convert files, I dont like the tool itself ;)

If it did, I could convert the files for you.
  7. Millenniumfalsehood

Cool! Actually, there's other extensions in JO for the models. Maybe I'll send a few files your way and see how it goes. :)