Need blueprints!

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by paper warrior, Jan 11, 2007.

1. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Greetings everyone,
    right now I'm in the process of designing a Flakpanzer IV Wirbelwind. I have finished the turret but now I need to make the FlaKvierling 38. I really need some profile drawings that I could design with. I have searched quite extensively but found nothing useful. :cry:

2. paperpanzer

paperpanzer Member

A web site to try

Its a Japanese model site that scan some of the model instructions and puts them onto the site. The colour instuctions could be quite useful as could the assembly guides. have a look at PLASTIC MODELS - 1/35 (OTHERS) there is a Tamiya Flak 38 that may be of use.
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Good find there! I never thought plastic models could help~
  4. paperpanzer

paperpanzer Member

5. 57townsman

57townsman Member

6. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Hey Will, how's the design coming along?:)

7. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Turns out Clifford already had one in the works. I pretty much picked up on his. After I finalized it (he'll probably change the s*** out of it), I started on a Mobelwagen, the beta of which is done. I'd have to check with him, but they will probably be available within the next few months. As for the Bren, I'll start on it in a few days.
  8. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Cool! Can we see some pics soon? The Mobelwagen is pretty cool, will you be putting the FlaKvierling 38 on it as well?

9. charliec

charliec Active Member

Historically there was only a single Mobelwagen prototype with the Flak 38 installation. The production version used the 37mm flak gun. Makes sense - use a gun which will outrange the weapons on a fighter.

10. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Here they are, the Wirbelwind is finished and the mobelwagen is awaiting tracks.

Attached Files:

11. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Nice job on those Flakpanzers. They look great :)

12. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Thanks, more to come. :D
  13. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

Great job PW... they look very menacing! i see a good bit of AAA for the site in the next few months.