Need advise on a sound system for HO Railroad Layout

Hello all, I am going to invest in a sound system, such as MRC Symphony or? I'm sure there are others available, any one have a particular make they are in love with with? All recommendation's would be appreciated, and I will make a decision based on a majority preference. My local hobby shop went out of business, and I have no way to hear one for myself.

Thank You All In Advance. :wave:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
If you are operating with DCC, and want sounds to come from the locomotives, I would suggest on-board sound decoders. :thumb:

If you are looking for "ambient" or "environmental" sounds, then something like the MRC town&country (or whatever they call it) might be good. However, with MP3 players so cheap, and decent quailty, low cost small speakers available, I would be tempted to create my own soundtrack for ambient noises.

Andrew

Great idea on the MP3 player Andrew, I have one, and it never occured to me to go that way, Thank's for the heads up.

Duane

If you are operating with DCC, and want sounds to come from the locomotives, I would suggest on-board sound decoders. :thumb:

If you are looking for "ambient" or "environmental" sounds, then something like the MRC town&country (or whatever they call it) might be good. However, with MP3 players so cheap, and decent quailty, low cost small speakers available, I would be tempted to create my own soundtrack for ambient noises.

Andrew