Need a pic or 2

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by UPJunkie, Jan 31, 2004.

1. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

I need a pic of a train going around a cliff side i need this for my layout to go by. the cliff side i am doing is going to be mostly rock

2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Well, the only one I have is from my old HO layout which used a trestle bridge to cross a river.
  3. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

thanks shamus this helps alot going to be posting some pics soon of the layout what i got done so far
  4. Mastiffdog

Mastiffdog Member

Can't do better than that beautiful shot of a cliff! Love your trees, that's our next step. The details and stuctures on your layout are magnificient. Since this is our first layout, we are slowly learning to have patience.

Jr. wants to run trains really bad, then I tell him to look at your photos - then he slows way down. "Yea, I see what you mean Dad, we still gotta long way to go!"

5. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Go to At the top of the page is a menu that links you to a photo gallery that lists thumbnails. Go to it, and click on the menu for Western Roads. There are 93 pages of photos with 9 thumbnails per page. Many are of mountain railroading. You should find something useful there.
  6. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

ok kewl thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:
  7. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Am I too late:confused: :confused: :confused:

8. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

nope going to be going to "MY ROOM" :thumb: in a bit and get back at it on my cliffs

All these pics and links helped alot thanks guys i will be taking pics when im done
  9. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Hard to follow up what has been posted above but here's one from my layout. The vertical black lines are reinforcing beams for this sheer rock wall.

Attached Files:

10. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

11. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

How did you do the smoke? and how:confused:
  12. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

I just used the photo software that came with the camera (Canon S400). I used the "spray-can" tool with varying degrees of transparency and shades of grey and brown and different "nozzle" sizes.

It's very easy. Thanks for asking.:)