Need a drift

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by bmoney03, May 18, 2004.

1. bmoney03

bmoney03 Guest

I want to get into drifting and want to know what kind of car to start out with. I was looking at the tamiya tl01 tt01 or the ta04 and also the hpi pro series and the yokomo drift package. But the thing is that i want to put a brushless kit on it. Hopefully the novak 5800. But ive heard alot of probs with it. SO any info would help. Cant wait till this site takes off. :lol:
  2. mfzero

mfzero Guest

3. bmoney03

bmoney03 Guest

Thanks for the info. Cant wait to get started. How long can you run a car with a brushless motor? Ive heard only lik 3 or 4 batts before u have to let it cool off or somthin lik that. Thanks
  4. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

i have a brushless pro 2. the brushless is great but not all that it is cracked up to be. a 15T and a nice ESC is just as fast if not faster. the only thing about brushless is that it has a tiny bit longer runtime (not much)

if you want post when you get a car and i will hook you up with some PVC that will fit right onto a bare rim.just let me know
  5. bmoney03

bmoney03 Guest

WIth the brushless you dont have to change it out every other time right? And how many batt packs can you run on it in a contious run?
  6. AE86 Drifter

AE86 Drifter Guest

what do you mean change it out every other time? you can run a few packs but i like to let it cool down it is just better for it
  7. bmoney03

bmoney03 Guest

I have heard that on the stock motors you have to change them out and have new brushes and somthin else done every couple of races or times you take it out. And you can only run 2 batts on before you have to let it cool down. But on a brushless you dont have to do any of this.
  8. Pro3

Pro3 Guest

Are you stupid? It's a BRUSHLESS motor, you don't need to replace brushes because it doesn't have any.
  9. mfzero

mfzero Guest

ouch :!:
  10. bmoney03

bmoney03 Guest

HA ok. Pro3 how old r u? Prob using DADDYS comp or the one at your elem school. I know it doesnt have any brushes DUMBA$$ but the thing i was askin is if you have to let it cool down. Sorry i dont know everything about RC thats y im askin.
  11. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Keep your rude comments to pm and keep the topic on par please...
    First warning..
  12. Pro3

Pro3 Guest

Sorry dude, my friend was pissing me off all night and I had a very hard test at school and I snapped.

Sorry guys, I'll keep my comments to myself.
  13. rcdrifter

rcdrifter Guest

Not a problem, we all have bad days :D
  14. bmoney03

bmoney03 Guest

Its cool. Glad you appologized though. Some ppl arnt man enough.
  15. drift_200sx

drift_200sx Guest

im new at rc drifting can i make any onroad car a drifter, and what do i have to do to them to make them a drifter?
  16. Howielong

Howielong Guest

the easy way is too but pvc pipe over the wheels.
  17. drift_200sx

drift_200sx Guest

18. clippoint

clippoint Guest

this should be sticky.... :D
  19. Basically, any car that has 4WD can drift - its pretty much as simple as that. Whack on some PVC's and off ya go!
  20. please dont steal other peoples forum if your not going to help and just going to ask a question for yourself and has nothing to do with the subject them makke your own forum