Necessity is the mother of invention

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by ARMORMAN, Nov 22, 2004.


    ARMORMAN Guest

    I did this project last year to try and get business from a potential client (toy design).

    I used photo reference to make the plan drawings and then used the plan drawings to make the body.

    While doing this, I ran out of cash to get supplies and ended up making it
    out of whatever I had laying around: paper, Apoxiesculpt, odd plastic
    rod/tubing. The underside was reinforced with Apoxiesculpt after I had
    covered the body in CA (I actually made a mold off the piece that you see). The Turbocharger is layered paper. I would probably do things differently with the CA as it left the surface very uneven (which I did not notice until after the mold was made).

Share This Page