Nebula-Class: Phoenix + Sutherland

Status
Not open for further replies.

think-floyd

Jun 7, 2008
Any Pub, Ireland
Chris, would you mind putting together a little list here of what models you have in your fleet, and who the models are by? I've got models from all over the place, including some of your fine ones, and I'm wondering what to do about scale. You mention in the shot with the Grissom, that all your models are 1:1700, so I assume you have resized some of them to match your scale? how did you go about this, just work out the percentage you'd need to change them, and print at that scale?

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
@TC
Thanks to you! maybe i make an All-in-one stand for you to get the place:mrgreen:

@think-floyd
Okay, all this is to be explained not easily for me, particularly not in English!

1. there is a site here with the most S-T-models, not all:eek:ops:
http://forum.zealot.com/t152011/

...that all your models are 1:1700...
Indeed! ALL are in this scale!

how did you go about this, just work out the percentage you'd need to change them, and print at that scale?
there are several ways!
one way is to go over the properties of your printer! you can change the paper format or the paper size to print the files!
the main probleme is the file format -> picture or PDF-file!!!
I use Corel Photopaint to change a picture-file (JPG, GIF, etc.)! it is easier for me with that then with the printer properties!
For the PDF-files I use Corel Draw!
but you can make it also with GIMP!
the scaling is pure mathematics!:mrgreen:
1. you have a model in (example) 1/1000, and you wish to have that in 1/1700!

so 1000*100/1700=58,8235.... =59% (rounded)! the model must have 59% of the size of the original!

2. or you have a scale 1/1700 and you want 1/1000!

1700*100/1000=170% the model must have 170% of the size of the original!

and now you calculate the size of the side and enter the data at the "properties" of your printer!
A4size -> 297x210mm -> 59% ->175x123mm (rounded)

I hope, you understand my explanations!

CU:wave:

think-floyd

Jun 7, 2008
Any Pub, Ireland
Yes, that's a good explanation, thanks for the detailed reply! :D

Now all i have to do is find out what scale half of these ships I have are.. sign1

I have a Reliant here, but I can't remember where I got it from :( It's in 5 parts, each is one pdf sheet, and the title is just "USS Reliant - NCC 1684 Sheet X" The parts are all labelled EA34 etc. Does anyone have this model and remember where it came from? :confused: I'm guessing since it has part numbers that there would be instructions to go with it, but i never found them hehe...

Sorry for the bit of thread Hijack there! Will you be making these amazing Nebula class ships available D-Whale? (or am I too blind to spot a previous link?)

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
you talk about Star Trek - you talk about my lifesign1
there is only one USS Reliant in the net:

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~sf-papercraft/Gallery/Gallery.html

There are also some instructions!

the scale is approximately 1/1000, and the ENT-A on this site is also 1/1000! both are in my fleet:mrgreen:

And yes! the Nebula will be available in the download section of this forum end of July (I hope so)!

CU:wave:

Attachments

• DSCI0415-2.jpg
    DSCI0415-2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 382

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
read it again:eek:ops:
there are several ways!
one way is to go over the properties of your printer! you can change the paper format or the paper size to print the files!
the main probleme is the file format -> picture or PDF-file!!!
I use Corel Photopaint to change a picture-file (JPG, GIF, etc.)! it is easier for me with that then with the printer properties!
For the PDF-files I use Corel Draw!
but you can make it also with GIMP!
the scaling is pure mathematics!:mrgreen:
1. you have a model in (example) 1/1000, and you wish to have that in 1/1700!

so 1000*100/1700=58,8235.... =59% (rounded)! the model must have 59% of the size of the original!

2. or you have a scale 1/1700 and you want 1/1000!

1700*100/1000=170% the model must have 170% of the size of the original!

and now you calculate the size of the side and enter the data at the "properties" of your printer!
A4size -> 297x210mm -> 59% ->175x123mm (rounded)

col. kurtz

Sep 21, 2007
basildon,essex u.k
d-whale that sounds great be able to start building ds9 on xmas day !!! great work to date mate thnaks for sharing it with us all in the community. :) p.s if you build clevers ent-c can you post it as a build thread here as im a bit confused with some of the assembly:thumb:

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
@col.kurtz
thanks to you! I want to build the ENT-C! Build thread? I hope, pictures are enough (you know, my english:mrgreen:)
Clever sent me his original PDO-Files to change some parts! perhaps he make then a 2.version of that both ships:confused:! At the moment i work on my instructions vor the Nebula and at the same time on a NEW ship from Clever:mrgreen:! but i don´t say nothing about that, just: IT is big, IT is TNG and IT wants all:twisted:

@ Jones
The (official) reference size (ex-astris) of the DS9 is approx 1000 meter (at Gilso = 1451m)! I adhere to this size from Ex-astris! In scale 1/1700 means that a diameter of approx. 59 cm:eek: and i hope with 1000 parts:twisted:

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
Hi guys!
the files are on the way to Chris (cgutzmer)! i think, that the Nebula-class will be available tomorrow or Sunday!
the ZIP-File is BIG (over 26 MB incl. instructions)! For this model it will give a competition!:twisted: More over it gives, if the model is available!:cool:

Greetings
Marko

Status
Not open for further replies.