Nausicaa Gunship

Z

Zathros

Your my motivation on this model. Last night I completely redid the fuselage. I think it looks better. Everything unfolds. I have to make the formers and finish off the wings. I am thinking of adding the landing gear. Here are some pics of the new fuselage. :)

Attachments

• RB1.jpg
    RB1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 16
  • RB2.jpg
    RB2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 24
  • RB5.jpg
    RB5.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 15
  • RB4.jpg
    RB4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 42

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
It is looking good, really good. I am looking forward to see how it turns out.
I think that the landing gear would be a good touch. It would finish it off. Not only that, but it would give the builder the option to make it "FLYING" or "LANDED".
Now, break time is over. Get back to work!:whip1:sign1

Z

Zathros

Oh I definitely would make the landing gear fold, not hydraulically though! :)

N

niebla de fuego

Glad to see that you are continuing this project.
And hope your health improves!!!

Z

Zathros

Oh I'm doing fine, I should get more done on this next week. I just have to decide how to do the formers. I don't want something that someone else has done before. I did a fuselage box framing like Allen Tam's on my ESKA Ekranoplan years before he did it on his Savoia, but I don't think I will go that route either. We'll see. :)

Z

Zathros

This is probably the fourth time I have redone this model but I keep finding little things that bother me and other ways of simplifying the model without ruining the lines. I have started on the formers now. Some renders attached. :)

Attachments

• RB6.jpg
    RB6.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 16
  • RB7.jpg
    RB7.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 12
  • RB8.jpg
    RB8.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 18
Z

Zathros

This picture shows my intention that the builder use 1 mm strips to hold the body panels on. With careful planing, a lot of these panels can be assembled before putting onto the formers sections. The flat piece that is there now will probably not be what I use for holding the formers together. I would like to make something more interesting. Most of the fuselage will be very hollow. Gotta make space for the engine! :)

Attachments

• RB9.jpg
    RB9.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 14
  • RB10.jpg
    RB10.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 17
Z

Zathros

One more pic, just so everyone knows, we really want you guys to post LOTS OF PICS!! :)

Attachments

• RB11.jpg
    RB11.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 11
Z

Zathros

This picture shows the frame, nose section and body in relationship, getting closer. :)

Attachments

• RB13.jpg
    RB13.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 41

Dented Rick

Human
Mar 15, 2011
Killeen, TX
Im curious, will the level of detail be as such that I could scale this up and make a model with a 4' wingspan? It would look great in my livingroom ;)

Z

Zathros

I can give YOU a .pdf in vector format, you would have to use Photoshop to cut it up, but as you go bigger, you may want to add more detail, this should have around an 18" wingspan when done. I am basing it on my 13" x 19" printer, I'll probably make a smaller one too... I just got to get it done first. The details of this model change a lot because it is a cartoon, if you know what I mean. :)

N

niebla de fuego

Looks liker your advance is in a good way :)

Eager to see more of this nice subject!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
This is an illustration thread. It may not appear as a model. It may inspire someone else. :)