Nativity scene

witizaatiza

Nov 27, 2012
Spain
Hello, everyone.

I'd like to show you my current project. Last year we (my two kids and I) started a Nativity scene designed by Didier. You can find the models at his homepage jacques-mylittlehouse.blogspot.com, including printed versions.

This year we have decided to add some more elements, mainly some buildings and figurines. As you can see, they are all simple shapes and rather big too (the height of the figurines is about 10 cm or 4 in), so this a perfect project for children.

Just two more comments:
- One of the images shows the inside of a house with a black rectangle. This rectangle is a magnetic strip used to attach without glue the small walls that can be seen in another image. We glued a couple of these strips so the walls can be attached in several positions.
- We didn't want the soldier's equipment to be permanently fixed, so we glued a strip at the backside of the shield (similar to ones found in real shields). This is enough to hold the shield and the spear, as you can see in the first image.

I apologize for the poor quality of the images. Regards,

Witiza

Attachments

• DSCN0324.jpg
    DSCN0324.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0348.jpg
    DSCN0348.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN0349.jpg
    DSCN0349.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0350.jpg
    DSCN0350.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0351.jpg
    DSCN0351.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0353.jpg
    DSCN0353.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 8
Z

Zathros

That's really cute. Looks like Lego figures might work with that. Can't tell the scale. Very nice! :)

witizaatiza

Nov 27, 2012
Spain
Hello, everyone.

This morning, we unboxed all the Christmas stuff, including the rest of the Nativity scene that we made last year.

A global view:

IMG_2095.JPG

Three strange foreigners cross the village of Bethlehem:
IMG_2096.JPG

Meanwhile, the sheperds are announced the good news...
IMG_2097.JPG

... a king is born!
IMG_2098.JPG

Roman soldiers seem to hesitate... should we ask them for their passports?
IMG_2099.JPG

And one of the cats is trying the prepare his dinner...
IMG_2100.JPG

We are still working. There is still a few figurines and a few more houses and props to finish.

Hope you like it,

Witiza

tjbmurph

May 21, 2012
Canada
This is adorable! Thanks for sharing your pictures and the link. My daughter and I now have a potential new project for the holidays :)

witizaatiza

Nov 27, 2012
Spain
@tjbmurph: Thank you for your words. As for the model, go ahead, you'll love it when finished!

A little update: I modified some of the figurines, since there is only one child in the original kit. Two copies were created and modified, and now the village seems a little bit more alive (sorry for my lack of words). Plus, the kids wanted a black sheep and a little lamb...

IMG_2184.JPG

We have another house printed, we'll probably get at it during the holidays.

To finish, Merry Christmas to all of you and may the New Year bring peace, love and papermodels to all!

Witiza

Z

Zathros

Likewise to you and everyone . Peace on Earth would be great, I'd take it on most of the world.