models for the kids

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by causticphlegm, Jun 16, 2007.

1. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

2. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Some very nice models!

Thanks for posting the link!

3. Kaz

Kaz Member

4. causticphlegm

causticphlegm Member

Yeah, that's the site that actually got me started in card modelling. I have several of them done already. I was just looking for ones that I haven't downloaded already. Getting harder and harder to find any. :wink:
  5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

I wonder how many schools know that these great websites and resources exist out there, and actually use them.

As for me, I'm developing better motor coordination building from card (cutting, folding, gluing ... un-gluing fingers ... , assembling).
  6. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I'm surprised that NASA doesn't offer any paper models of rockets. After all, that's their bread and butter, right? The satellite models are great, but they had to get into orbit somehow. ;-)
  7. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Honestly, it's almost as though NASA forgot about its roots in rocketry when the Shuttle came along...
  8. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Good Point Gentlemen,

We have a few here that they could link to if we had a Central Repository. At least they could link to Jon Leslie's site, and maybe he'd receive a few more donations to keep things running.
  9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

And, I want to add, when I say I wish NASA would provide models of rockets I don't mean to slight the great work of all the designers who are doing great work on real space rockets - Carl, Leo, Lars, Niels, Eric, Erik, Joy, Laszlo - to name just some off the top of my head. Thanks to all of you for providing the American and Soviet space vehicles for us to build and enjoy! :)
  10. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

A little Bird told Me.....

NASA will be providing some Rocket Models for Download very soon, (By adding a link to a site that some of Us know well). Stay tuned to their current model download site. I was told that this will be done during a major web site update in late August. The model designer has been contacted, and agreed, to allow the work to be linked, (That is all I can say for now).

Just a tease,

11. BARX2

BARX2 Member

That's good news Carl. Will you give us a reminder when the site comes online? Thanks.
  12. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

I will give a update.